How often do you wash your car/get it washed?

Never really thought about this before but I've recently encountered someone who washes his car twice a week, full on polish and hoover inside as well, without fail. He doesn't do much mileage either. Just a standard commute and he does a few days from home now with Covid ongoing.

I've always just done it as and when. Look at the car and think "Probably needs a clean at the weekend, that."

Even for car enthusiasts twice a week must be excessive?

When the bairn starts drawing smiley faces in the muck ☺

I can't remember the last time I washed it. It's dirty at the moment but is due a service and MOT before the end of the month, so I'll tidy it up before it goes to the garage.

Every couple of weeks weather permitting.

It has to be spotless inside as well - always do it mesen as I find it therapeutic.

Minted the wife’s car about July - it’s a f***ing hen shed again and it can stay that way. She can pay the Latvians.

Probably about twice over the last year. I live on a new estate and as soon as it gets washed, it gets covered in dust off the building site.

Never really thought about this before but I've recently encountered someone who washes his car twice a week, full on polish and hoover inside as well, without fail. He doesn't do much mileage either. Just a standard commute and he does a few days from home now with Covid ongoing.

I've always just done it as and when. Look at the car and think "Probably needs a clean at the weekend, that."

Even for car enthusiasts twice a week must be excessive?
If it’s a car I like and I’m proud of, once a week or once a fortnight. If it’s a car I don’t give a fuck about, never.

Back