How often do you wash your car/get it washed?

Lockdown got the better of me earlier in the year and I resorted to washing the cars.....I'll not make that mistake again!

Usually take it to that place at the Mayfair buildings if it's in great need.

Got mine last october anarl and had mine valeted couple weeks ago, that was the 2nd time ad had it cleaned

I always used to have Lookers Ford valet mine after the MOT and Service.

My car got damaged ages ago and a garage up by the Airport did the work and when I got it back it was actually cleaner I thought than when Lookers did it. Lookers did just a light clean. The garage did a full clean.

I would like to wash it more but I always have a problem with streak marks when drying it.

I‘m a clean person , live in a very clean house and try to drive a clean car , it’s a mindset .
I'm similar in that I like things to be clean, bright, well maintained.

I've got a dog, two kids and we like to go walking, camping & kyacking in wet & muddy places. At some point in my life, I've just thought 'fuck it'. Stuff gets done when it gets done. Perhaps in my retirement......

Carwash usually every few weeks due to birds shitting on it from overhead BT lines. Inside its just had its first hoover and clean 3 weeks ago since i bought it 25 months ago 🤣🤣🤣

Never really thought about this before but I've recently encountered someone who washes his car twice a week, full on polish and hoover inside as well, without fail. He doesn't do much mileage either. Just a standard commute and he does a few days from home now with Covid ongoing.

I've always just done it as and when. Look at the car and think "Probably needs a clean at the weekend, that."

Even for car enthusiasts twice a week must be excessive?

I’ve noticed some nosey Parker spying on me when I clean my car every time I fill the bucket his curtains start twitching started doing it twice a week to see if I can catch him out told all the neighbours they all watch him real weirdo 😂😂

Your father in law bought you a car?

Any chance your lass is looking to finish you any time soon and if so can I have her number?
I wouldn't put you through it. Bought both me and our lass one. Bought her a New Audi A3 and me a Pre reg BMW X1. We had cars to put in part ex and him and the wife put the rest. I got the X1 for when I run them about as it's easier for them to get in and out at there age. He still has his own car as well.

Never really thought about this before but I've recently encountered someone who washes his car twice a week, full on polish and hoover inside as well, without fail. He doesn't do much mileage either. Just a standard commute and he does a few days from home now with Covid ongoing.

I've always just done it as and when. Look at the car and think "Probably needs a clean at the weekend, that."

Even for car enthusiasts twice a week must be excessive?
Then he's what you call a snob

I had an old mondeo that I had had for years, owed me nowt but got no care at all other than the interior. I think it went 6 year without being washed. I was doing a late shift at work and thought I would use the work jet wash before I go home. Washed it in the dark. Next day the driver handyman comes up to me and commented that my car had been washed, I said yeah it's been a while. He had a confused look, when I asked what for it turned out he'd washed it on the afternoon as the dirt was doing his head in. No washes in 6 year and washed twice in the same day.
I keep my cars clean now though.

Had my car 3 years and not washed it once. Got a million better things to be doing.

when I used to have a company car it got washed and hoovered when it went in for a service.

My current car’s off for scrap soon - just short of 20 years old. 7 years I’ve been driving it, and I think I’ve had it washed once. Just not a priority, clearly.

Back