How often do you wash your car/get it washed?

Got my car bought for me off the father in law. Only right, I think, that I look after it so try and wash and hoover it every week if I can. Very rare it goes more than 2 weeks without a wash. It's 2 year old now and been polished twice.

Your father in law bought you a car?

Any chance your lass is looking to finish you any time soon and if so can I have her number?

it gets washed and vacuumed by the gadgies in the garage every time it goes in for a service or any other work, other than that i'll do it when it gets too dirty. it's not too bad here, cars seemed to get dirtier in the UK from memory, particularly in the colder, wetter months.

Used to get mine done by the Polish lads in Sainsbury’s every other week. Full valet every 6 weeks. They left just after the Brexit vote so I have to do it myself. f***ing Fararge.

I don't, I get my butler to do it after he's mowed the lawns and cleaned all the windows inside and out not forgetting to muck the stables out and clean the pool:lol:

Inside and out in one go every month. Takes me 30 mins max sponge bucket and rinse, quick hoover inside which doesn't take long as rarely use the back seats or boot.

It would be more hassle for me to drive to a valeting place, hang about like a spare part while waiting for it to be done, getting cash out, then driving home.

Inside every week, outside every 2 weeks if I get the time. People who don’t at least clean their cars on the inside are dirty bassas, You wouldn’t leave your house for years without cleaning it.

Never really thought about this before but I've recently encountered someone who washes his car twice a week, full on polish and hoover inside as well, without fail. He doesn't do much mileage either. Just a standard commute and he does a few days from home now with Covid ongoing.

I've always just done it as and when. Look at the car and think "Probably needs a clean at the weekend, that."

Even for car enthusiasts twice a week must be excessive?
Gets a mini valet once a month. Wash on the outside couple of times a month in the winter months to clear the paintwork from the shite on the roads.

Never really thought about this before but I've recently encountered someone who washes his car twice a week, full on polish and hoover inside as well, without fail. He doesn't do much mileage either. Just a standard commute and he does a few days from home now with Covid ongoing.

I've always just done it as and when. Look at the car and think "Probably needs a clean at the weekend, that."

Even for car enthusiasts twice a week must be excessive?
Been driving 40 yrs , probably washed cars in total less than 20 times, hoover em out maybe twice a year vans that’s only because of the dog.

I bet the people who vac their car out once or twice a week, don't do their house to the same standard. Bit like the bloke I bought my house off. His car was immaculate, the garden finely manicured. Certain flower beds had finished for the season and were carefully covered in weed membrane to have them ready for next year, others had just had the spring plants ripped out and summer plants put in etc. The inside of the house needed 'a bit of a face lift'.

Then again, if you enjoy it. A bloke 2 doors down is out every weekend, giving his car the full polish and wax. Early in the March lockdown he posted on our WhatsApp group he was bored, the weather was nice and he likes the relaxation of sitting on the drive doing a mundane task. He invited any neighbour to park on his drive with the promise that after a couple of hours their car would have a full free valet service. It kept him busy and he enjoyed it.

Personally, I seem to constantly have a string of jobs to do and washing a car just seems way down the list to bother about.
Last washed it just before August bank holiday. First time in ages then went camping. Waste of time really.
I've seen people on a Sunday morning on a campsite giving their car a wash. "It always gets washed on a Sunday", even though they are in the middle of a field.

I bet the people who vac their car out once or twice a week, don't do their house to the same standard. Bit like the bloke I bought my house off. His car was immaculate, the garden finely manicured. Certain flower beds had finished for the season and were carefully covered in weed membrane to have them ready for next year, others had just had the spring plants ripped out and summer plants put in etc. The inside of the house needed 'a bit of a face lift'.

Then again, if you enjoy it. A bloke 2 doors down is out every weekend, giving his car the full polish and wax. Early in the March lockdown he posted on our WhatsApp group he was bored, the weather was nice and he likes the relaxation of sitting on the drive doing a mundane task. He invited any neighbour to park on his drive with the promise that after a couple of hours their car would have a full free valet service. It kept him busy and he enjoyed it.

Personally, I seem to constantly have a string of jobs to do and washing a car just seems way down the list to bother about.

I've seen people on a Sunday morning on a campsite giving their car a wash. "It always gets washed on a Sunday", even though they are in the middle of a field.
It was a brainfart moment :lol:

When it rains.
Had this one 4 months and hasn't been washed, last one about 2 and a half years and I reckon maybe 3 times but probably twice, I don't wash it like just pay a fiver for a hand-wash.

Back