How often do you wash your car/get it washed?

Every 7 to 10 days which is on average 500 miles , snow foam and pressure wash it down , micro fibre cloth to finish.

Vac if needed.

Takes me no longer than 30 minutes , as somebody has already mentioned it’s slightly therapeutic.

Every third time do the windows with rain x

I‘m a clean person , live in a very clean house and try to drive a clean car , it’s a mindset .

I've always thought of detailing as a slightly niche but not outlandish hobby tbf.

Washing twice a week makes me think they have something to hide :lol:
There’s supposedly professional people I know who have Instagram accounts dedicated to their car. Only so many angles you can take photos of a car mat or a handle IMO. I
Just keep expecting one day to see them in a sexually compromising position with the exhaust.

There’s supposedly professional people I know who have Instagram accounts dedicated to their car. Only so many angles you can take photos of a car mat or a handle IMO. I
Just keep expecting one day to see them in a sexually compromising position with the exhaust.

The bloke I refer to in my OP is middle aged and as far as I can tell doesn't take photos of his car.

Just f***ing loves cleaning it.

The bloke I refer to in my OP is middle aged and as far as I can tell doesn't take photos of his car.

It can be therapeutics I suppose. I do try and keep mine clean but not obsessively so. My lad plays footy twice a week so keeping it clean inside is a bloody nightmare at this time of year !

I get mine done in the carwash run by the middle eastern bloke who lives in the sky.

Hoover the inside when it gets too sandy or whatever. Horses for courses and all that but the idea of spending time washing it every week boggles me. But everyone's different.

You can have a career in washing cars?!

Thought its an overcrowded market these days with all the hand car wash places charging fiver a wash.
Car detailing ,ceramic coats,minor paint correction is good money and there is a waiting list of over a month at anywhere decent.I have mine booked in for the 2nd of November and it could cost between £700-£1000 to do.

There is fuckers on our estate clean theirs with a watering can.They live in fuck off houses and won’t get the hose out.Mad.

Last edited:
Car detailing ,ceramic coats,minor paint correction is good money and there is a waiting list of over a month at anywhere decent.I have mine booked in for the 2nd of November and it could cost between £700-£1000 to do.

There is fuckers on our estate clean theirs with a watering can.They live in fuck off houses and won’t get the hose out.Mad.

How often do you wesh/get yours weshed, Gilly?

Got my car bought for me off the father in law. Only right, I think, that I look after it so try and wash and hoover it every week if I can. Very rare it goes more than 2 weeks without a wash. It's 2 year old now and been polished twice.

Back