How notorious is this forum to the club?

Nobody, and that would include anyone from the club should take any of the comments on here seriously. Most posters flip flops on any given day depending on results and mood. On the most part it's a forum to let off steam, have a laugh and chew the fat with other football fans, and in my opinion it's not to be taken seriously...
Just need to look at a match day thread.

How should we act then. The football on offer is of the lowest standard in the club's history and some players just aren't very good at their chosen profession. By and large most people try to be supportive at the match, although it was pretty negative on Tuesday, and by and large most people on here will try to articulate their concerns. You can't argue that it's a low for the club and you can't argue that the fare on offer isn't really acceptable so again I ask, how do we act and show that although we love the club what's on offer isn't acceptable.
I don't disagree with anything you have written all I'm saying is that what gets written has an impact.
Wise beyond your years :)
If only I was ...
If I cut the top of your head off all I'll see is butterflies and blue skies
Ha ha I'm tucking that one behind me ear for future use ...

Last edited:
Very interesting topic and it's one I've wondered about before. I think we can all accept that personal abuse of players and staff is unacceptable, and I think anyone doing it would be called out. But then the line gets a bit blurred. There's a huge focus, rightly, on mental health, especially the mental health of young men. On the one hand this place exists to discuss SAFC and you don't want to censor it or say you have to be positive, it is what it is. But then on the other hand I do sometimes worry about the effect this place could have on certain players; easy enough to say they should be able to handle it but as we know mental health issues can affect anyone regardless of wealth/ occupation etc.

Don't know what, if anything, can be done about it though. I try not to be too critical of players but if I joined in the thread about Conor McLaughlin I'd probably say similar to the vast majority, on a purely footballing level he's had a very shaky/ poor start. But can you imagine if the bloke actually sat and read it all? And what would happen if he hadn't really settled in the area/ was having family trouble or whatever. Again, I don't know what the answer is, we can't sugar coat things and pretend all our players are mint, but when giving criticism I do hope people at least try to be a bit careful with how far they take it

Very interesting topic and it's one I've wondered about before. I think we can all accept that personal abuse of players and staff is unacceptable, and I think anyone doing it would be called out. But then the line gets a bit blurred. There's a huge focus, rightly, on mental health, especially the mental health of young men. On the one hand this place exists to discuss SAFC and you don't want to censor it or say you have to be positive, it is what it is. But then on the other hand I do sometimes worry about the effect this place could have on certain players; easy enough to say they should be able to handle it but as we know mental health issues can affect anyone regardless of wealth/ occupation etc.

Don't know what, if anything, can be done about it though. I try not to be too critical of players but if I joined in the thread about Conor McLaughlin I'd probably say similar to the vast majority, on a purely footballing level he's had a very shaky/ poor start. But can you imagine if the bloke actually sat and read it all? And what would happen if he hadn't really settled in the area/ was having family trouble or whatever. Again, I don't know what the answer is, we can't sugar coat things and pretend all our players are mint, but when giving criticism I do hope people at least try to be a bit careful with how far they take it
A couple of the AFL teams over here place social media bans on their players during the season for this same reason (and so they don't make dicks of themselves)

I don't think this board will be any different to any other teams tbh....there will be fans on Man City's and Liverpool's equivalent tearing shreds off each other.

It's opinions, and I doubt anyone would take as much interest in this place if there wasn't any heated debate or everyone thought the same.

The club should take notice as it's an insight into what fans really think but they shouldn't be using it to make off the cuff decisions.

It seems agreed that that the matchday atmosphere hasnt really been that negative, however on here, there's been rather a lot, I'd say most of the negativity I've seen has been on here even compared to other online platforms (various Facebook pages).

Given how there has been talk from Ross about fan negativity, has he been influenced by criticism on here, and to what extent do opinions and sentiments on here filter through to the club, and how much attention do they really pay to this site?

I hope the club ignores this site.

It seems agreed that that the matchday atmosphere hasnt really been that negative, however on here, there's been rather a lot, I'd say most of the negativity I've seen has been on here even compared to other online platforms (various Facebook pages).

Given how there has been talk from Ross about fan negativity, has he been influenced by criticism on here, and to what extent do opinions and sentiments on here filter through to the club, and how much attention do they really pay to this site?
It's because the majority on here are moaning fannies and have no intention of attending Games.

I asked my marra to join here, he took one look and said nar because its full of mad people. Probably best the club staff don't look on here.

I don’t think anyone should underestimate the impact negative/rude/abusive comments can have on any individual if they come on here and read it. If a player gets hammered on here, whether or not accurately for some poor performance it will be hard for that individual to take. Now you might say ‘don’t look then’ but we all know some will. I’m regularly beaten up for being a happy clapper but I’m not sure the negs on any part of social media always think about the impact they can have on the mental health of others. Football is a very unforgiving job and managers and players know very well that regular under performance threatens their prospects and possibly their careers. So no I don’t think ‘the club’ feels the impact of this board but I do think individuals might. It never ceases to amaze me the casual abuse thrown around when you know the poster would never ever say that to the person’s face. Pelters no doubt now inbound, tin hat on ;)
Everyone in life gets knocked, it’s part and parcel of being a footballer. They don’t get 10k a week just for kisses and cuddles

Everyone in life gets knocked, it’s part and parcel of being a footballer. They don’t get 10k a week just for kisses and cuddles
Whilst I’d agree that they should be hardy enough to take a certain amount of prop. Some of the personal abuse these lads have to endure regarding not just themselves but their families is hideous at best and otherwise criminal.

Back