How notorious is this forum to the club?

if you wanted your customers feelings on a product you'd have a browse on here, it has a role to play but maybe not an influence - the support in the stadium does not reflect this site as many match goer's don't use this site....maybe we have 200 regulars here on PF out of our 29,000 match goers.
It will be miles more than that like.

It is for the most part a great place to pop on to and in in the midsts of all the posts there's some great info to be found and it can at times be very entertaining.

However the majority of our support won't have been anywhere near this site and wouldn't care less as to what's written on it or any other fan site. It's certainly not as important as some would like to think.

Cos you don't enjoy it and more importantly walk into the stadium expecting to fail...

We have limited players who need unconditional love not Fookin whingeing....

I'll leave the love in to you. As I say I don't boo and my beef is largely with the manager making already limited players look worse with his tactics and lack of motivational skills.

You'd be surprised. Charlie's mentioned it to me more than once.

Out of interest does he see it as a negative influence per se or does he appreciate the constructive criticism which can be found after the wheat has been sorted from the chaff. There's some very articulate and insightful posters on here who are also lifelong fans and they aren't really appreciating the product being served up at the moment.

Out of interest does he see it as a negative influence per se or does he appreciate the constructive criticism which can be found after the wheat has been sorted from the chaff. There's some very articulate and insightful posters on here who are also lifelong fans and they aren't really appreciating the product being served up at the moment.

Finds much it infuriating, but values constructive criticism as well as "voices of sanity". Finds the level of personal abuse of players and staff totally unacceptable.

Definitely does. The older generation won't bother with "The internets" so that's about 25% or more of the fan base. That leaves the other 75% who do write on here and voice there onions...(wink)

Young players and staff get on here too.

Finds much it infuriating, but values constructive criticism as well as "voices of sanity". Finds the level of personal abuse of players and staff totally unacceptable.

He's right about the personal abuse but I hope he's not lumping that and criticism of an individual together. You and I (and probably the owners) didn't grow up in the social media age so what seems normal to the sub-30 age group isn't normal to us. What we see in print these days was uttered in pubs and on the shop floor 30 years ago. I've been at matches at Roker Park (and I'm sure you have) where it was quite toxic when things weren't going well. I've twice seen a mob descend on the club buildings and put the windows out while chanting "sack the board" The difference now is merely the mouthpiece and platform given to irate fans imo.

Last edited:
Do think that's a reasonable reaction, especially if the stadium reactions were fine? Also do you think we are any worse than other clubs for slagging off players on anonymous message boards? From my limited reading of other boards I honestly don't see much difference
Probably no different to any other clubs! Likely the reason so many players are mercenaries and you rarely see much genuine emotion from a player towards a club.

I think the stadium can be a bit quick to moan when passes go amiss, I’ve said for absolutely years that everyone doing that classic AHHHHRR and shouting and balling it the first misplaced pass would make a player think fuck going for anything difficult I’ll play the 5 yard ball sideways. Just my opinion!

It seems agreed that that the matchday atmosphere hasnt really been that negative, however on here, there's been rather a lot, I'd say most of the negativity I've seen has been on here even compared to other online platforms (various Facebook pages).

Given how there has been talk from Ross about fan negativity, has he been influenced by criticism on here, and to what extent do opinions and sentiments on here filter through to the club, and how much attention do they really pay to this site?
Rossy picks the team according to the views of the RTG😉

It's an open forum so anyone can see what's being posted so I think it's highly likely that people at the club have a look to see what the fans are saying. Just like employers looking at employees social media profiles.

It seems agreed that that the matchday atmosphere hasnt really been that negative, however on here, there's been rather a lot, I'd say most of the negativity I've seen has been on here even compared to other online platforms (various Facebook pages).

Given how there has been talk from Ross about fan negativity, has he been influenced by criticism on here, and to what extent do opinions and sentiments on here filter through to the club, and how much attention do they really pay to this site?
He’s our manager. If he pays any attention whatsoever to anything posted on here he shouldn’t be in the job. Same goes for anyone else who takes the job on.

Back