How notorious is this forum to the club?

It seems agreed that that the matchday atmosphere hasnt really been that negative, however on here, there's been rather a lot, I'd say most of the negativity I've seen has been on here even compared to other online platforms (various Facebook pages).

Given how there has been talk from Ross about fan negativity, has he been influenced by criticism on here, and to what extent do opinions and sentiments on here filter through to the club, and how much attention do they really pay to this site?

There are 32,000 posters on here who want Ross out who are ready to fill the stadium when it's extended and there's a roof on the top. Until then it's too cold or wet to go and watch Charlie Wyke and Will Grigg missing open goals against Accrington Stanley, Bristol Rovers, etc. As soon as we get Messi in and start winning the Premier League, the underseat heating is installed and they have waiters serving beer at your seat, the stadium will be full and the threads on here will all become positive. All negative posters will have nothing to moan about and will go shopping instead.

There are 32,000 posters on here who want Ross out who are ready to fill the stadium when it's extended and there's a roof on the top. Until then it's too cold or wet to go and watch Charlie Wyke and Will Grigg missing open goals against Accrington Stanley, Bristol Rovers, etc. As soon as we get Messi in and start winning the Premier League, the underseat heating is installed and they have waiters serving beer at your seat, the stadium will be full and the threads on here will all become positive. All negative posters will have nothing to moan about and will go shopping instead.
Missed the line about will rock up on the free monorail marra

I don’t think anyone should underestimate the impact negative/rude/abusive comments can have on any individual if they come on here and read it. If a player gets hammered on here, whether or not accurately for some poor performance it will be hard for that individual to take. Now you might say ‘don’t look then’ but we all know some will. I’m regularly beaten up for being a happy clapper but I’m not sure the negs on any part of social media always think about the impact they can have on the mental health of others. Football is a very unforgiving job and managers and players know very well that regular under performance threatens their prospects and possibly their careers. So no I don’t think ‘the club’ feels the impact of this board but I do think individuals might. It never ceases to amaze me the casual abuse thrown around when you know the poster would never ever say that to the person’s face. Pelters no doubt now inbound, tin hat on ;)

I don’t think anyone should underestimate the impact negative/rude/abusive comments can have on any individual if they come on here and read it. If a player gets hammered on here, whether or not accurately for some poor performance it will be hard for that individual to take. Now you might say ‘don’t look then’ but we all know some will. I’m regularly beaten up for being a happy clapper but I’m not sure the negs on any part of social media always think about the impact they can have on the mental health of others. Football is a very unforgiving job and managers and players know very well that regular under performance threatens their prospects and possibly their careers. So no I don’t think ‘the club’ feels the impact of this board but I do think individuals might. It never ceases to amaze me the casual abuse thrown around when you know the poster would never ever say that to the person’s face. Pelters no doubt now inbound, tin hat on ;)
Well said marra

Agree with every word of this. It’s fine to criticise a performance but some of the abuse the players/manager gets would cause a lot of resentment were they to read it. I know I’d resent the fuck out of this club were I a player who read this board.

I know I’d resent the fuck out of this club were I a player who read this board.
Do think that's a reasonable reaction, especially if the stadium reactions were fine? Also do you think we are any worse than other clubs for slagging off players on anonymous message boards? From my limited reading of other boards I honestly don't see much difference

Agree with every word of this. It’s fine to criticise a performance but some of the abuse the players/manager gets would cause a lot of resentment were they to read it. I know I’d resent the fuck out of this club were I a player who read this board.
Hopefully they keep well away from here
Do think that's a reasonable reaction, especially if the stadium reactions were fine? Also do you think we are any worse than other clubs for slagging off players on anonymous message boards? From my limited reading of other boards I honestly don't see much difference
Do we go on like mags?

Last edited:
Hopefully they keep well away from here

Do we go on like mags?
On message boards I'd say we do, they laugh at our misfortunes, slag their own players/managers off when they are unhappy with performances. Just like most message boards imo.

There's a sense that certain posters feel we are more harsh with our criticism, and worse for slagging off players and managers than other boards.

Nowt wrang with that post Marra.

For many posters (myself included) its kind of a charade or an in-joke to go overboard with the negativity. The point of it is to affect the psyche of the happy-clappers, and the real gratification comes when they take the bait. I have never felt perturbed at a loss, but when I come on here, I don the robe and hat and dance the jig.

I generally feel that this forum as a small representation of what fans think but it was interesting the other week when the vast majority (and especially the ITK's) on the original 'takeover' thread were saying/hoping that Ross would be peddled as soon as the takeover was announced that both ALS and RR put out simultaneous statements (from the club) saying that he definitely would not be.

How should we act then. The football on offer is of the lowest standard in the club's history and some players just aren't very good at their chosen profession. By and large most people try to be supportive at the match, although it was pretty negative on Tuesday, and by and large most people on here will try to articulate their concerns. You can't argue that it's a low for the club and you can't argue that the fare on offer isn't really acceptable so again I ask, how do we act and show that although we love the club what's on offer isn't acceptable.

WUM's and Mags aside,I would say that this is a more accurate barometer of supporter feeling. Here even the most introvert of character is free to express his true feelings without fear or peer pressure of those surrounding them.

Absolutely right m8

This has traditionally not been representative of the whole support base and many I know who dont visit this forum see it as a bit of a joke.

But it does have influence. Things that start on here do branch out into the real world. Especially manager negativity.

Back