How much per month do you need to live?

You must be seriously overpaying surely?

It makes Disney a hell of a lot more expensive, that's for sure.

You only get maternity allowance if you meet the criteria.

I only caught the back end of the scotch egg thing, but he's really going on and on a bit now. :)
My heart sinks a little bit when I get a notification that he’s replied to a post.

The main cost for us at the minute is the keeping up with Jones'es. Kids in every club going, got every toy going, go to events cos other people do
first half is correct but i'd saying refurbing your house in case you have a gin party and matching pcp cars comes before spoilt kids
New neighbours pretty much ripping their house apart and i've been in before they bought it
nothing broken ,all perfectly liveable .10 year old house

Took a job that was part time a few year ago, the pay covered my share of the household bills and not a lot more. I worked freelance in my spare time but it was a bit shit if I was waiting on being paid for a job and we wanted to do stuff on a weekend. Lots of going to the park.

I did it for a while because it was worth having the time to spend with the bairn when he was small and childcare would have cost more anyway, but I wouldn't fancy being in that situation permanently. 18 month was long enough for me and I went back to full time work.

Well aware there are folk in similar or worse situations, always consider myself lucky with the way work has gone.

When we moved here 4 years back, we didn't extend the term. Its paid off in 9 years I think.
So not quite overpaying, but it could be less, sure. Mortgage clear by 50 is the plan. Need to start pushing a lot more to the pension though, otherwise I'll be working forever. That 6%/12% every month adds up to SFA.

Loopring will sort you out mate don't worry about that pension

Me ma went in a Costa in the summer with a friend. A cuppa tea and some frothy coffee thing came to nearly £9. She still moans about it now.

😂

Years ago there used to be a hairdressers 💇‍♀️ in the town called Luigis, me mam was persuaded to get her hair done there one time rather than the little salon she normally went t, as she was going to “a bit of a do”

When my Mam went back to the reception area to pay and collect her coat she asked the assistant “where’s my diamond pin? ” The Saturday girl started to search frantically and another member of staff asked which diamond pin my mam said “the one you get for that price.” 🙈 😃

😂

Years ago there used to be a hairdressers 💇‍♀️ in the town called Luigis, me mam was persuaded to get her hair done there one time rather than the little salon she normally went t, as she was going to “a bit of a do”

When my Mam went back to the reception area to pay and collect her coat she asked the assistant “where’s my diamond pin? ” The Saturday girl started to search frantically and another member of staff asked which diamond pin my mam said “the one you get for that price.” 🙈 😃
I had a very short stay at a company in knightsbridge. Got an email saying we got discount at a hairdresser downstairs. Went for a trim and as I sat down I got handed a glass of champagne. Was dom. It was then I knew I had made a grave error.

Which? publish a survey every year of how much it costs to be retired. The 2021 survey is here.

Which?Survey

They assume mortgage is paid off and that is probably the biggest expense for most.

Their three levels are Essential, Comfortable and Luxury

The numbers they reckon for a couple are
Essential £18k a year
Comfortable £26k a year
Luxury £41k a year

Which? publish a survey every year of how much it costs to be retired. The 2021 survey is here.

Which?Survey

They assume mortgage is paid off and that is probably the biggest expense for most.

Their three levels are Essential, Comfortable and Luxury

The numbers they reckon for a couple are
Essential £18k a year
Comfortable £26k a year
Luxury £41k a year
Edit - nevermind I didn't read it properly.

She was self-employed for #2 so no maternity ☹️

Deffo entitled to something if she was registered with HMRC for at least 26 weeks of the 66 weeks before the bairn's due and she has paid at least 13 weeks worth of Class 2 NI Contributions in those 66 weeks. Class 2 NI is £3.05 / week and if she hadn't paid 13 weeks she could even 'top up' her contributions to ensure she gets a bit more.

Deffo entitled to something if she was registered with HMRC for at least 26 weeks of the 66 weeks before the bairn's due and she has paid at least 13 weeks worth of Class 2 NI Contributions in those 66 weeks. Class 2 NI is £3.05 / week and if she hadn't paid 13 weeks she could even 'top up' her contributions to ensure she gets a bit more.
I’m not sure top ups work like that. I think they are time related until you retire of course.

Mortgage - £550
Gas, Electric, Water, Internet etc - £200 ish including virgin
Food - £400 ish
House insurance/phone/life insurances - £150ish

Not that high for us and hoy another 100 or so on the mortgage.

Back