How much is it costing you for Wembley weekend?

Ticket £31'ish
Return train York - Kings Cross down Sunday and back Monday £70.60 1st Class with railcard
Hotel Kings Cross Sunday night £209.00

12 of us on a minibus Sunday morning including diesel appx 35 quid each, hotel Sunday night in Bedford 67 quid for room that sleeps 2, match ticket 42 so just over 100 quid.
Obvs many drinks etc on top of that!

£42 ticket,£30 two nights in a hostel in kensington and £20 return up from Taunton on the Megaaaa bus.

Not sure what my budget is for the Yardees!

£50 on tickets
£50 travel
Bait TBC
Tube was about 15 quid?
Staying at relatives for 2 nights for free

Overall not too bad

Not stopping in central London this time, we’re in Berkhamsted wherever the fuck that is.

So, trains and hotels are at about £220 each BUT....chipping in for a box as we did the other month which unfortunately has a bit of a negative impact on the wallet!

I justified the chack-a-trade by telling her that watching your beloved team in a final at Wembley in a box with your pals is a once in a lifetime.....8 weeks later :oops::oops:

Ah well....

For two of us -

£84 tickets
£200 hotel
£25 parking
£60-70 Fuel

Then whatever on drink and food. Rather drive down, stop when I want and actually have a seat that’s comfortable and not sweating my tits off on a coach.

Petrol £60
Train (from Peterborough) £26 (for 2)
Tickets £140 (4)
Food and Drink £150

c£350 for the day for 4 (2 live in London) of us for a day out Not too bad I suppose.

Live in Dublin and was heading back to the North East anyway on Sunday for a wedding on Monday.

I've now booked a new flight to London on Sunday morning, then booked a flight from Heathrow to Newcastle that night, economy was sold out so had to cash in air miles for a business class ticket. Go to the wedding Monday and fly back to Dublin on the original return leg on Tuesday.

Original flight plus bags: €60
New flight to London: €40
Flight to Newcastle: €65 + 6500 avios points
Ticket: £33
Spends: £150ish

I’m already £500 deep and I haven’t set foot in London yet!

£190 hotel for three nights
£140 train (family of 4)
£160 tickets (4)

Credit card getting battered. Hope I get a bonus!

I looked. Would cost $1300 USD for a flight, standard 50 quid for ticket, another 50 for taxi to /from airport in DC. Not to mention hotels, transportation, food, etc.
Long story short - I'm out. Terrible fan, etc.

Back