How much is it costing you for Wembley weekend?

For the Checkatrade I spent:

£33 x 2 match tickets - £66
£41 x 2 train tickets - £82
Aprox. £35 petrol & £25 parking to get to Doncaster - £60
£68 B&B for 2

£276 plus about £150 for beer, brunch, travel etc. on the Sunday.
My son paid about £6 for his own tube travel but he's a poor student.

This time:

£43 match ticket
£52 train ticket
Aprox. £25 petrol & £25 parking to get to Wakefield - £25
£56 room only for 2 - £28

£148 plus about £100 spends Sunday / Monday. I can't afford to take my son again :)

I've bought him an IPTV sub for 6 months!

• Flight from Ponteland - gratis via work
  • Hotel in London - gratis via points
  • Shit ticket and worst view in Wembley (thanks to my mate - you know who you are :eek:) - £52
  • Beers and food x 2 days £100
A massive reduction on CAT

Set myself all in a budget of £400.. 200 of that has went on ticket hotel and fuel. So 200 for the day, happy enough with that.

Hotel 2 nights - reward points
Train x 2 people - £56 + underground for two days
Tickets x 2 people £110
Food and drink x 2 nights 2 people probably 150+
Given I got the hotel for nowt which would normally cost about £260 a night its not too bad an outlay.

£54.40 ticket, company car and free fuel, sharing a twin room in Watford £55 each with brekkie, taking home-made sarnies to eat at services on way £5, camping fridge in boot full of cans - £15 for cans/cans of spirits, hopefully spend a lot on Sunday night as it means we've won, if we lost it'll be a few beers and a curry probably. So anything between £170-£250.

Either £50 or £60 so far for ticket and train fare (not sure if match ticket is a £30 or £40 one). Nee accommodation costs. Probably spend about £50 on the day.

Seen a few figures banded about but is anyone doing it on a shoestring budget ?

And also extravagantly ? Haway who is gonna spend a fortune !!?

I'm paying for the bairn as well as me. £229 for two nights in a hotel near Trafalgar, tickets were about £70, petrol will be about £30. Guessing the tube will be about £30 or something (especially as we need a train from Heathrow due to the underground closures). Probably about £100 on food. Then drink on top, maybe £100 of pub pints and £30 of cans, something like that. So not far off £600 but like I say that's for 2 of if

30 quid ticket.
Nothing on travel as I’ve blagged a free lift. So just tube money.
Nothing on hotels as I’m staying at a mate’s in East London.
Might buy some sandwiches or something to eat.
Then several hundred on pints over the weekend :lol:

40 ticket
40 diesel
60 hotel

then spends, so probably circa 80-100 I imagine. All be worth it to see Wyke power in a last minute winner :cool:

Match ticket £64.40
Transport £30.00
Plus whatever I spend on the day which won’t be much.
Cheap as chips

Last edited:

Back