How much does a block paved drive cost?

There’s some land at the side of my house that is big enough for a double driveway, that plus a wall round it would be required, anyone got a rough idea what that’ll set me back?

Not a great fan of block paving drives. There's 3 in our street done between 5 and 8 years ago. All have sunk, and growing weeds. They need regular maintenance, cleaning, re-aligning, re-filling the joints with sand, etc. One other bloke already has had his pulled up and tarmac-ed, instead.

Block paving is shite, as gets covered in weeds. I'd just go for tarmac

Parents just got a resin one done & that cost £7k

Last edited:
Not a great fan of block paving drives. There's 3 in our street done between 5 and 8 years ago. All have sunk, and growing weeds. They need regular maintenance, cleaning, re-aligning, re-filling the joints with sand, etc. One other bloke already has had his pulled up and tarmac-ed, instead.
Ours has been down 12+ years, never had any problems with it, and still looks good. Granted, it does require maintenance, every other year i give it blast with the power washer, then a coat of sealant, then dust over with kiln dried sand in between the joins to stop any weeds.

Ours has been down 12+ years, never had any problems with it, and still looks good. Granted, it does require maintenance, every other year i give it blast with the power washer, then a coat of sealant, then dust over with kiln dried sand in between the joins to stop any weeds.
Seems like you look after yours. Many people don't, hence a lot of the problems.

Back