1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much do you spend on shopping per week?

Discussion in 'SMB' started by the walrus, Mar 19, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

2. No idea, as I don't actually do a weekly shop. Just get stuff when I need stuff. And I have no desire whatsoever to know.

wigwams, alexander and Discopants91 like this.
  3. Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite Central Defender

Morrisons peri peri rub

Game changer

Frijj likes this.
  4. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Probs about 100 quid for 2 of us on food and drink.

5. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

It's like any own brand stuff, bit hit & miss.
    Their bog roll is woeful for example. Stuff they sell in Farmfoods/Home Bargains is far better, and same price

Langy likes this.
  6. LondonMackem

LondonMackem Winger

About 120 quid for 2 of us. We shop at Waitrose, no scratters allowed.

7. Luca

Luca Midfield

£170 .....£30 on a good malt whisky

8. tonyfromalnwick

tonyfromalnwick Midfield

How much are Pot Noodles ?

9. HoffTTM

HoffTTM Midfield

Have them stick a notepad on the bin and add up how much money they are throwing out in food

10. Fez2

Fez2 Midfield

Would love to see a breakdown from those that spend less than £50 a week and especially the person who quoted £50 a month! For that I struggle to see your 3 meals a day unless you survive on root veg

HerdnMulhall and Langy like this.
  11. Langy

Langy Full Back

Aye your right I only pick up groceries from there plus there own gin is toppa

Don't buy the gravy so can't comment :)

12. S.S.R..

S.S.R.. Midfield

Feel like a right pauper reading this thread; I can get by on £20 a week.

13. easy do under £50 a week and that is doing Tesco.. not your discounters.

wouldn't be extravagant living but certainly sustainable.

14. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

When I lived on me own, I was only spending about £80 p/m on food. It's now about £200, mainly cos owa lass buys loads of ice cream & crisps
    But you'd be surprised how little you can live on, if you eat very basic. Bowl of Porridge is only about 10p. Pasta & rice are also dirt cheap

15. alisafc

alisafc Full Back

Well last week I spent 30 quid in tesco, I spent another 10 in Morrison's but only because I had vouchers to use up so I wouldn't have normally needed to. I've spent £53 in tesco today, just because I got a £6 off when you spend £40 I could have just bought fresh stuff but I've bought extra and filled the cupboards purely because I've got £6 of stuff "for free", part of that included mothers day cards and a box of chocs for me mam

I got a meat delivery from muscle food last pay day (3 March) and I've still got a fair bit left, plus all the meals that have been frozen. So next week I'll probably only need to spend £10-15 on bread, milk, fresh fruit and veg.

There is only me and the bairn, but he's 12 and eats as much as an adult! So it is quite a lot still, but that includes both our baits so that's saving 20 a week.

Toiletries and household I get from work so get a canny discount on them. I'm bad for getting stuff as I need it so I'm going to start once a promo doing a shop on what's on offer.

Also have a purse full of loyalty cards and use the vouchers most are rubbish but sometimes are useful

Epping likes this.
  16. Sideshow Bob2

Sideshow Bob2 Striker

£30-40 for the two of us, not including beer/takeaways/some toiletries but including scran for work. Just burnt tomorrow's bait though while distracted on here... :rolleyes:

17. HerdnMulhall

HerdnMulhall Central Defender

How? Honestly I grow most of my own fruit and veg and still get through about 70 Euro..mind there is a bottle of wine every night.
    But what would your meals be exactly? Be really interested to know.

18. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Bottle of wine every night man.

19. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

I used to flat share with a mate, he organised meals in advance and cooked etc, one monthly shop of about £90 got the gear we needed between us. It's doable if you're savvy.

Epping, HerdnMulhall and alisafc like this.
  20. alisafc

alisafc Full Back

When I was on the Dole did a big shop 80 quid once a month, and about £10 a week on milk bread and fruit and salad things. I seriously don't get how people afford to smoke, drink, have iPhones and sky cos I was on the bones of life