How much do you spend on hobbies?

Running - as and when I need new kit, nearly always Adidas as we have a outlet shop nearby. Pay for the odd 10k run (usually about £15)
Cycling - get a new bike every couple of years through C2W (usually near the 1k limit) plus maintenance
Following the England cricket team abroad - just been to Sri Lanka which cost about £900 all in (happens about every 3 years)

Cannit be arsed to work it out weekly/monthly

Running - as and when I need new kit, nearly always Adidas as we have a outlet shop nearby. Pay for the odd 10k run (usually about £15)
Cycling - get a new bike every couple of years through C2W (usually near the 1k limit) plus maintenance
Following the England cricket team abroad - just been to Sri Lanka which cost about £900 all in (happens about every 3 years)

Cannit be arsed to work it out weekly/monthly

Would love to watch England in an Ashes series over in Australia.
Mate did all 5 tests as a retirement present to himself a few years ago and said it was worth every penny.

Would love to watch England in an Ashes series over in Australia.
Mate did all 5 tests as a retirement present to himself a few years ago and said it was worth every penny.

Deffo to do for me: Cape Town, Wellington
Would like to do: Port of Spain, Eden Gardens
Not fussed: Any of the Crims venues

Don't think I could do two months in Oz mind.

Manky deed squirrel for our 15 minutes on survival.
Couple of guys I know managed to bag a stray Jack Russell on Dartmoor by means of a deadfall trap. Shared the meat and made a Davy Crockett stylee hat out of it's skin. Got a photo of it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and upload it. Woof.

Couple of guys I know managed to bag a stray Jack Russell on Dartmoor by means of a deadfall trap. Shared the meat and made a Davy Crockett stylee hat out of it's skin. Got a photo of it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and upload it. Woof.
Yous lot do a beast of a survival coarse iirc. I remember watching a programme about it. One of the lads on the coarse found a kids back rode it to a farmhouse and blagged some sarnies.

Following on from the other “look at me” threads. Got me thinking what do I spend most of my money on.

Fishing is the answer.
At least £50 a week in bait and Comp fees.

The biggest single item being £3k fishing pole.
Rods for £500
Reels £200 ish
I may even have a count up later of stuff I have (they have their own house)

So may rainy day question is what’s your hobby and how much does it cost. I think a lot of people will get a shock when they start adding it up.
Cycling for me and I lose track of the money I’ve spent on it

Following on from the other “look at me” threads. Got me thinking what do I spend most of my money on.

Fishing is the answer.
At least £50 a week in bait and Comp fees.

The biggest single item being £3k fishing pole.
Rods for £500
Reels £200 ish
I may even have a count up later of stuff I have (they have their own house)

So may rainy day question is what’s your hobby and how much does it cost. I think a lot of people will get a shock when they start adding it up.

Used to spend a fortune on base powder mixes and flavouring for my Barbel paste and boilies. One season I pre-baited a swim every week with the bait I made.
Started the season on fire regularly catching 7 decent Barbel in a session.
The best 14 in a morning with 2 doubles and most over 8lb.
Otters have fucked up this stretch on the Thames.
Need to get the time to get back into it as I miss it.

Used to spend a fortune on base powder mixes and flavouring for my Barbel paste and boilies. One season I pre-baited a swim every week with the bait I made.
Started the season on fire regularly catching 7 decent Barbel in a session.
The best 14 in a morning with 2 doubles and most over 8lb.
Otters have fucked up this stretch on the Thames.
Need to get the time to get back into it as I miss it.
Some nice barbel in the wear Durham way but nowt like that. David seaman loves his barbel fishing iirc. But I would imagine they get to fish some nice swims. Also you’ve hit a bit of a cord with your post. Fishing has got to be one of the most time consuming hobbies. Even sea fishing it’s rig tying, bait digging, looking after your bait, checking marks out. Casting practice. Not so much on feeding swims but when I was at the top of my game it’s all I did.

Some nice barbel in the wear Durham way but nowt like that. David seaman loves his barbel fishing iirc. But I would imagine they get to fish some nice swims. Also you’ve hit a bit of a cord with your post. Fishing has got to be one of the most time consuming hobbies. Even sea fishing it’s rig tying, bait digging, looking after your bait, checking marks out. Casting practice. Not so much on feeding swims but when I was at the top of my game it’s all I did.

It’s the time mate.
The one hobby I will do more of as soon as I can give up work.

You ex marine too mate?

No...para! for my sins!

Got a mate here now who can get me white Rag! Has followed the beds for years as they move. He get's King Rag off a mate on the the dredgers and digs White rag to tip off his rigs. I have never known him not to catch even on a quiet day.

I used to get white rag on Whitburn Beach.....years ago but god knows where the beds are now!

Last edited:
No...para! for my sins!

Got a mate here now who can get me white Rag! Has followed the beds for years as they move. He get's King Rag off a mate on the the dredgers and digs White rag to tip off his rigs. I have never known him not to catch even on a quiet day.

I used to get white rag on Whitburn Beach.....years ago but god knows where the beds are now!
The white worm is still kicking about down Whitburn. Massive tides inside the two poles against the steel. Not many. Also camels island is canny but small. I’d kill for whites Atm.

Back