How much do you spend on hobbies?

Discussion in 'SMB' started by the boot, Dec 5, 2018.

1. gegsongegsonlegs

gegsongegsonlegs Midfield

Darts.. £30 just recently for a new set.

£80 per Monday..

£5 weekly for subs and cards.
    £10 taxi home
    £10/£15 on a bet ( footy winter/horses summer)
    Rest on drink depending where we are playing..
    Standard month £320.

Cricket... if I get my back sorted I'll start again next year.. will cost only registration and match fees as I've used the same gear for 11/12 years now and no intention of buying new..

Still depends on what the surgeon says tho...

NorthCountryBoy and the boot like this.
  2. CPK1979

CPK1979 Midfield

I’m a angler as well albeit carp and pike.... I’ve spent a fortune this year but hopefully set up for a decade or so.

the boot likes this.
  3. mad cyril

mad cyril Winger

Canny deal with the hair.

Do you now buy online or still shops ? Like I say I don’t spend as much but I’m always popping into comic shops just to look at old back issues and maybe a bit crack with staff. They’re a lot more geared though to sci Fi / game of thrones etc than comics though.

When I was kid I lived in Timeslip then later Forbidden Planet. Was always first in the que at the comic festivals that used to take place in the church hall next door to the Tanners Pub. I work a lot now in London and visit Orbital comics regularly, great shop.
    I got rid of a lot but kept a couple of hundred for keepsakes and I’m convinced it’s only a matter of time before I take it back up. Don’t think I’d bother with modern stuff just go back to the silver age of 63 thru to late 70’s.

4. the boot

the boot Midfield

Bought a ttr and kompresser two month ago. Ouch!!

Just do what the sea gulls do. Pitter patter. I fucking love seeing them do it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Jimmer13, yorkyexile and Blyth_Pirate like this.
  5. 3.142

3.142 Midfield

ignorimg social stuff, probably £400 a year on running stuff, few pairs of trainers and other kit. £1,000 a year average on SAFC memorabilia. over 10 years or so that adds up but gives a good collection, though some years might sp3nd nothing and others more.

the boot likes this.
  6. the boot

the boot Midfield

Unfortunately if it’s like all the other fishing gear it will get you five year tops. Saying that good stuff is ageless. Where do you fish? South west Scotland?

Hopefully goes well pal. Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    gegsongegsonlegs likes this.
  7. wilma56

wilma56 Central Defender

Golf followed by pints, spent a fortune and worth every penny

the boot likes this.
  8. the boot

the boot Midfield

Had this conversation with my mate today. He as a downhill bike that he paid £4000 for!!!! Never thought they existed, then he told me about bikes worth 10k. That’s a decent car!!!

9. Albay3037

Albay3037 Winger

Have an online subscription with Forbidden Planet. Like yourself I visited Timeslip/Forbidden Planet in Newcastle quite a lot. Now I make regular visits to Forbidden Planet in Belfast whenever the wife and I take a trip into Belfast.

10. the boot

the boot Midfield

I had 3 year at shields due to illness couldn’t fish. £690 fees. A oner a week on food and drink!!!

wilma56 likes this.
  11. CPK1979

CPK1979 Midfield

Yorkshire for carp and nw and Scotland for pike.

the boot likes this.
  12. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Have you seen Richard D Hall's stuff on UFOs?

13. That's the Geordie bloke,yes I have .

14. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Have you seen Fire in the Sky?

15. No I'll have a look mate

16. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Its not a doc its that film off a canny few years ago.

17. the boot

the boot Midfield

I was fishing for roach on lock ken and this monster pike turned up. Next time I went took a stiff bass rod braid and a treble, sure enough loads of roach and the pike turn up. Hooks a roach on the treble drops it in.....wallop!!! These pike takes it! all the lads are around me buzzing. It just let go! Didn’t realise ya gotta let the pike set the fish first. Gutted.

18. CPK1979

CPK1979 Midfield

I fished there mate... great place and bottomless in places.

I don’t live bait anymore I think it’s a bit cruel like. Like putting a fish on death row!

the boot likes this.
  19. Dun Scathach

Dun Scathach Goalkeeper

I once spent that on a pair of wheels. It can be a very very expensive hobby.

General rule of thumb with the missus is I tell her everything was half the actual cost - 10%.

the boot and bowers2 like this.
  20. anth

anth Winger

Hard to quantify. From Easter to September I am away at dog agility shows nearly every weekend. Costs about £50-£100 depending how long it is. Doesn't sound like much, but we changed out car to something big enough to tow a caravan, bought a caravan, plus all the extras looking at 25k. We also train the dogs at about £100 a month. I do judge though which brings down the weekend show costs to next to nothing now we own the car and caravan.