How much do you spend on a mattress?

I've always had cheap beds but recently splashed out on a Tempur on tick as I knew I was getting crap sleep. Wish I had done it years ago.

You can get 0% APR and decent cashback on quidco too which takes the edge of the price as it does cost more than I paid for any car I had until I was about 30.

I've always had cheap beds but recently splashed out on a Tempur on tick as I knew I was getting crap sleep. Wish I had done it years ago.

You can get 0% APR and decent cashback on quidco too which takes the edge of the price as it does cost more than I paid for any car I had until I was about 30.
I slept on a Tempur when I was bucking a bad tempered dwarf up in hawick, it was nice but not worth the outlay tbh.

I bought a super-king OTTY a few months back. Its great.

£750
The OTTY Hybrid Mattress

"Expert Reviews" said it was the best of the "in a box" ones they'd tested. And I've been a fan of that testing website for a decade or more....

Last edited:
I have to declare an interest here as i'm involved in the industry but the answer is spend as much as you can afford. It will be worth it (well i would say that i here you cry).
The question you should ask yourself is why would i buy a 'bed in a box' mattress online and have no idea what it will feel like when you can choose from 100 different ones in a shop and have a much better chance of buying the right one

And all your sheets and that too

Cheers for piling on the misery mate. :lol: I used to work in a factory that makes quilts and pillows as well. it will pain me to pay full price for one now.

I have to declare an interest here as i'm involved in the industry but the answer is spend as much as you can afford. It will be worth it (well i would say that i here you cry).
The question you should ask yourself is why would i buy a 'bed in a box' mattress online and have no idea what it will feel like when you can choose from 100 different ones in a shop and have a much better chance of buying the right one

I've no doubt at all that me and my Mrs would fall out if we went mattress shopping in a shop.

Last edited:
Spent £1200 on my bed, £900 was on the mattress, it's an orthopaedic one and has changed my life. I agree with the poster who said get the best quality one you can afford.

Got about 4 payments left on it which has been spread over 2 years. Love my bed :D

Back