How much do you spend on a mattress?

I need a new one but it's going to be an expensive purchase because I want to replace our double bed with a king or super king so need a mattress, bed, two bedside tables and a dressing table. Right fuck about.

At least this thread gets to the crux of the matter. No 'What kind of mattress do you have?'. No 'What's the most comfortable mattress?'.

Boom. Straight in with 'how much did it cost?', ya peasant.

How much did your mattress cost?

I live alone, so it's worth noting that for 95% of the time, I'm the only person who sleeps on it, whereas you and your lass can afford more, since you share the costs of furnishing a house.
You get a shag once every 20 days ?

At least this thread gets to the crux of the matter. No 'What kind of mattress do you have?'. No 'What's the most comfortable mattress?'.

Boom. Straight in with 'how much did it cost?', ya peasant.

Sounds like someone started early on the (presumably cheap) wine.

You get a shag once every 20 days ?

Sounds about right. Should give hope to the rest of the SMB. I'm ugly and boring and even I manage to get laid at least once a month.

Last edited:
Sounds like someone started early on the (presumably cheap) wine.

Sounds about right. Should give hope to the rest of the SMB. I'm ugly and boring and even I manage to get laid at least once a month.
Baffles me alright. Good going that. I need to start heading out on the piss with pie charts in my back pocket !

How much did your mattress cost?

I live alone, so it's worth noting that for 95% of the time, I'm the only person who sleeps on it, whereas you and your lass can afford more, since you share the costs of furnishing a house.

Aye that’s a fair point. It was a grand. My ganny bought it for us as a moving in present. Prior to that the mattress I slept on was whatever was provided by the landlord but I had a memory foam mattress topper that went on top.

Oh :lol:

I thought you were calling me a peasant for having a cheap mattress. My apologies, and sorry to hear you can't drink anymore.
No bother. Certainly wasn't calling you a peasant. It was more the implication from the start that cost is everything when we all know it isn't always the case.

Aye that’s a fair point. It was a grand. My ganny bought it for us as a moving in present. Prior to that the mattress I slept on was whatever was provided by the landlord but I had a memory foam mattress topper that went on top.

This place was unfurnished so I got everything as cheap as I could. Argos, cheap flatpacks and charity shop. Got a sofa for a tenner. Pretty sure someone died on it and their spirit is now trapped inside the upholstery, but £10 for a sofa man.

Never used a memory foam topper but the springs in this mattress are actually uncomfortable so I might give that a go.

Back