How much debt do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Living with parents so none.

I have to live like a nun until I'm 25 in order to reach a healthy deposit.

The housing market is broken.

Only Labour can fix it.

Labour couldn't even fix a Lego house.

Some of those figures are frightening to me. I would never sleep at night. I'd much rather settle for a lower standard of living than to get deep in debt.
My old man once borrowed to buy a much needed piece of machinery and always said never again, so I followed suit and never borrowed as much as a brass farthing, despite the fact that I was much worse off than the average for many years.
Now looking back I have no regrets having most likely benefited quite a lot from saving before spending.

£7k left on my car
£20k in student loans
£3k in credit card and overdraft

In the running for a new job so if I get that I can be credit card and overdraft free by Christmas. If not it'll take another year or so to pay off.

Student loan will take me a long time. Probably 25-30 years to pay off.

I don't earn over the payment threshold yet, so that's just sitting accumulating interest.
student loan gets written off after 20 years anyway

All these people listing their mortgage. I have a hefty mortgage but don't look upon it as debt more as investment.

Mind, I was late getting started on a house compared to many, and I have to admit to being ever so slightly envious of people my age or younger who have paid theirs off.

Still, I always say if you try to compare the arc of your life against someone else's you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I may have been late but had some great experiences along the way and as long as anyone can say that then they've played the game of life well.

My only other debt is the solar panels which I'll pay off soon, and our lass's student loan. We don't have credit card debt or car loans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back