How much cycling is needed to lose weight?

Been doing 3 45 minute spin classes a week since the gym reopened last year and I’ve lost about a stone. I didn’t intend on losing any but I got really into it. I’m still into weights around that and haven’t altered my diet or drinking habits so my point is I’d you intend to lose weight and alter you lifestyle and diet accordingly then cycling is obviously an excellent weight loss activity 👍

@supersesh on here is RH Fitness. Is approach is very direct & possibly not for everyone, but the basics of what I just said came mainly from his videos over the years.

Excuses excuses, but pre-COVID, I was knocking about 14st, (just under) 6ft 2” & generally pretty fit. Footy a coupe of times a week & a boot camp or two. Covid completely messed up my routine, I excercisef way less, ate way more, drank way more. Stopped paying attention to calories burned & consumed. I’m knocking on 16st right now. I need to also bear in mind my muscle mass will have dropped so that 2st is more fat gain than the actual weight itself.

Anyhow, apparently I should be eating 2800 calories a day.

It seems if you hit 10,000 steps per day, that equates to enough calories burned to make a difference fat burn wise, then be in calorie deficit.

I’ve typed all that out above, I think it’s generally accurate, but I’ve only started getting back into something that resembles my pre-COVID routine in January. It’s all about my lifestyle changing. Probably having a few pints on a weekend is my biggest enemy. Empty calories & I eat worse the next day. Problem is, I’ve had events/night outs for 4 Fridays in a row. It fucks my weekend up. Think from the 19th I’ve got a month clear of no drinking.

I managed to get down to 11st 7lbs in early 2020. Lightest I had been in atleast a decade. 13st 8lbs now after getting upto about 14 stone. Need to sort it out but I like drinking beer too much. Weekend away next week then I am going to make my 1000th attempt at getting back down to under 12 stone.

Back