How many times in your life have you seen a fox?

Theres a few young uns knocking about Kier Hardie way and the sol riverside at the minute.

*edit. I dont exactly mean precisely now, I mean I've seen them often on a night the last few weeks

I had to laugh at my street WhatsApp group when someone put out a warning as a fox had been spotted in the street. Watch out for your dogs and cats!

We have foxes in the street and gardens most evenings, you just need to be up late. But, it shows the general panic people have. A fox will back away from most cats and dogs. When you consider the dogs in the street are collies, lab cross, greyhound/doberman cross and a mastif, most dogs in the street would knack a fox.
In a group of flats with a shared garden I lived in some years ago, the gardener used to Find bits of cat around the grounds. The foxes are obviously harder in London.

Although I once woke at 5am to a fight between the local fox and “Billy” the downstairs cat who was the size of a small badger. Billy won. But not all of them did evidently.

Vixen with three cubs in the mother's garden last year, she has some wonderful photos of them playing and growing up.

Vixen and two cubs this year.

Saw the Vixen with a dead squirrel in her mouth twice last week, and you could hear them "talking" in their den under the neighbour's shed

The Vixen is quite brazen, wasn't scared of us at all in the garden. In fact I was more worried it would scarper with my bag as it had food and a leather purse in it.

A few years ago one got in the mother's house, went upstairs and chewed on a leather bag handle before being disturbed and running off.

(Kent for reference).

Vixen with three cubs in the mother's garden last year, she has some wonderful photos of them playing and growing up.

Vixen and two cubs this year.

Saw the Vixen with a dead squirrel in her mouth twice last week, and you could hear them "talking" in their den under the neighbour's shed

The Vixen is quite brazen, wasn't scared of us at all in the garden. In fact I was more worried it would scarper with my bag as it had food and a leather purse in it.

A few years ago one got in the mother's house, went upstairs and chewed on a leather bag handle before being disturbed and running off.

(Kent for reference).
No need for name calling.

A few years back I lived in a terraced house in London and one night my old Springer Molly trapped a fox between the houses up by our backdoor. Hearing the racket outside I opened the door to find the fox was taking the opportunity to make its escape through the now open door into my house persued by Molly of course! Luckily I managed boot the fox away and get the door shut . Old Molly was having a great time but as I expected the fox did manage to slip through a very small hole in the fence and depart.

In a group of flats with a shared garden I lived in some years ago, the gardener used to Find bits of cat around the grounds. The foxes are obviously harder in London.

Although I once woke at 5am to a fight between the local fox and “Billy” the downstairs cat who was the size of a small badger. Billy won. But not all of them did evidently.

For the most part, they won't attack cats or dogs unless they're elderly, young (e.g. a kitten/puppy) or injured or they're very hungry and taking risks.

Just seen one this morning at work, with 2 cubs playing around with each other, was trying to get my phone out to video them but the mother spotted me and they made a sharp exit into the wood. That was only about the 3rd or 4th time I have seen 1 fox never seen cubs before
Will have another look tomorrow

Saw one when walking back from pub pre-lockdown.
Ran out of a garden near the top of Barnes View and through railings into park.
Only good view I've ever had of one to be honest.

Almost any night you went out in London, they has been living in the grounds of a derelict hospital not far from us and when the site was developed they clearly didn't move far. Brazen as well, would just stare at you waiting for you to walk round them. Here in Poole, almost all the time, they obviously live in the wooded area of the golf course near us. Just to here them at night in the mating season as well, horrible bloody sound.

Back