How many think this house would be idyllic and how many think the opposite.

Rural small holding in west of Ireland sounds great. Looked at a place in Galway a couple of years ago as my wife was offered a job at Uni there. 200k and had its own lake front. Not far from wild Atlantic way. Five years earlier or once our son finishes school and we’d almost certainly have gone for it. Galway, Clare or Northumberland for me next.
DO IT !!!

I almost bought this back in 2016. So glad I didn’t!

It’s nothing new. @EcosseMackem will be classed as a white settler.

Previous house of mine. Garden gets the sun all day. 2 minute walk from Skinandis which @monkeytassle and @willowbankbear will confirm is the best nightclub in the UK.

The last place I lived in Caithness (Bower), the internet was 1.4mbs. That was a fun 9 months.
Christ that's a blast from the past

I’m after a holiday let . If there was someone local who could do the weekly cleaning etc it would be ideal.
Beautiful area

I almost bought this back in 2016. So glad I didn’t!

It’s nothing new. @EcosseMackem will be classed as a white settler.

Previous house of mine. Garden gets the sun all day. 2 minute walk from Skinandis which @monkeytassle and @willowbankbear will confirm is the best nightclub in the UK.

The last place I lived in Caithness (Bower), the internet was 1.4mbs. That was a fun 9 months.
Skinandis ?? Good ??? I am not so sure

Currently looking for a 3 bedroom detached with garden and space for car under 250k. Very nice, but probably end up with a new build lego house in Sunderland for that.....or a nice house that someone has died
In and hasn't had a new carpet/kitchen/bathroom since 1989.
Don't change the bathroom. I've heard pampas green is making a comeback.

Would move there tomorrow and get a remote job, assuming it would be possible.

Unfortunately, the wife would absolutely not live that for away from a community.

Back