How many on here have “side hustles”?

Do (I don't) door to door knocking for the electoral roll earns you £600 ish, then you get invited (maybe) to work at polling stations on referendum and election days. Either on the day or the count afterwards. I think that earns you a few hundred quid too.

No worries. For us, our problem is picking songs. There are so many to choose from! In the past, we have put off gigs to nail 10 songs that we can add to the set. It can still take time to get some songs right. 'Welcome to the Jungle' probably took six months before we were happy with it. In terms of bass playing, play what you want within reason. If there's a strong, recognisable bass line then I play it. If not, I play what I want. Sometimes I make the bass line easier so I don't have to spend hours learning it but other times I push myself (sometimes, I make it up as I go). There's no harm in writing your own lines. If you've got an hour of music then you can get some support slots while you sort out another 30 - 45 minutes. Our first set is a tight 45 minutes but our second can be well over an hour if we want it to be. Two 45's is standard up here. As long as you're enjoying it, you're doing it right. Good luck.
Band I was in played 'It's So Easy' twice in the same set a few times before we had enough songs, the audience didn't seem to mind..!

Bits and pieces of technical and strategic consulting on the side. It pays better than my regular job and is much more interesting but there's not much security. At some point I'll make the switch permanently.

Back