How many on here have “side hustles”?

Dont think i've ever been asked for bank statements to the point transactions are looked at. All my spendinfg is done on credit cards anyway. The only thing theyve asked for is proof of funds. I dont even receive statements anymore anyway.

This was the first time i’d been asked for statements and they asked about a few transactions too, nosey buggers.

Dont think i've ever been asked for bank statements to the point transactions are looked at. All my spendinfg is done on credit cards anyway. The only thing theyve asked for is proof of funds. I dont even receive statements anymore anyway.
Definately happens. We remortgaged with accord and they asked if oh was pregnant at the time because of a few recent mothercare purchases. Well our mortgage advisor said they had asked. Didn't affect us getting the mortgage but apparently we should have declared it.

For the last few years I’ve played in a band. Spent far more on it than earned. Do it for fun father than income. Would love to make a living from it mind.

Same here. We just play pubs and earn between £50 - £75 each per gig each. It's not about the money though. I'd be playing for enjoyment anyway so a bit of pocket money is just a bonus. Pays for diesel and bass strings (when I get around to changing them :-D ).

Same here. We just play pubs and earn between £50 - £75 each per gig each. It's not about the money though. I'd be playing for enjoyment anyway so a bit of pocket money is just a bonus. Pays for diesel and bass strings (when I get around to changing them :-D ).
How did you step up from doing charity gig and parties and such like to getting the pub gigs.

We’re not great bu have been told we’re good enough for that sort of thing.

How did you step up from doing charity gig and parties and such like to getting the pub gigs.

We’re not great bu have been told we’re good enough for that sort of thing.

Initially, we identified the venues that wanted our type of music. We offered to do a couple of freebies in pubs and a few support slots with bands on the local circuit. Once you get going, word of mouth is invaluable. It seems that pub managers (and punters) really do talk to each other. We have also made a demo of songs we cover so we can hand that over to pubs if they ask. We vary our set too. We're a classic rock band but have enough songs to ensure that we have a light set and a heavier set depending on where we're playing. Now, after 3 years or so, we have regular slots around the area. We're always looking for new venues but know that we have regular venues who actually ask for us to come back. On a different slant, be as professional as possible. We had one gig where the PA played up (in hindsight, it was my fault but the band don't know :D) and they haven't asked us back.

Initially, we identified the venues that wanted our type of music. We offered to do a couple of freebies in pubs and a few support slots with bands on the local circuit. Once you get going, word of mouth is invaluable. It seems that pub managers (and punters) really do talk to each other. We have also made a demo of songs we cover so we can hand that over to pubs if they ask. We vary our set too. We're a classic rock band but have enough songs to ensure that we have a light set and a heavier set depending on where we're playing. Now, after 3 years or so, we have regular slots around the area. We're always looking for new venues but know that we have regular venues who actually ask for us to come back. On a different slant, be as professional as possible. We had one gig where the PA played up (in hindsight, it was my fault but the band don't know :D) and they haven't asked us back.

We’re a six piece. Drums, bass, rhythm guitar, lead guitar and 2 fairly decent singers. Three of us are middle aged and 3 are in their 20s. We play rock and some pop covers. We’re all fairly new musicians so it takes us a while to get each song slick and tight. Unfortunately we’ve only got about an hour or so worth of material so can’t really change the set. Done a handful of gigs, charities and small festivals so far. Usually get really good feedback. Love it. Only frustration is that I practice bass a lot and most the songs we cover are dead easy on bass so I can learn them easily. The guitarists take ages to get it.

Would love to play regular small gigs. Will take your advice on board. Thanks.

We’re a six piece. Drums, bass, rhythm guitar, lead guitar and 2 fairly decent singers. Three of us are middle aged and 3 are in their 20s. We play rock and some pop covers. We’re all fairly new musicians so it takes us a while to get each song slick and tight. Unfortunately we’ve only got about an hour or so worth of material so can’t really change the set. Done a handful of gigs, charities and small festivals so far. Usually get really good feedback. Love it. Only frustration is that I practice bass a lot and most the songs we cover are dead easy on bass so I can learn them easily. The guitarists take ages to get it.

Would love to play regular small gigs. Will take your advice on board. Thanks.

No worries. For us, our problem is picking songs. There are so many to choose from! In the past, we have put off gigs to nail 10 songs that we can add to the set. It can still take time to get some songs right. 'Welcome to the Jungle' probably took six months before we were happy with it. In terms of bass playing, play what you want within reason. If there's a strong, recognisable bass line then I play it. If not, I play what I want. Sometimes I make the bass line easier so I don't have to spend hours learning it but other times I push myself (sometimes, I make it up as I go). There's no harm in writing your own lines. If you've got an hour of music then you can get some support slots while you sort out another 30 - 45 minutes. Our first set is a tight 45 minutes but our second can be well over an hour if we want it to be. Two 45's is standard up here. As long as you're enjoying it, you're doing it right. Good luck.

But if they look, they will see you have an account you aren't sharing....as that does show on your profile.

However, I remortgaged no bother with the same lender. No need to share statements. When I bought a house I just stopped most activity for 3 months.
I've remortgaged and applied for loans etc and never shared my account details - had no issues or queries from lenders thus far.

I’m a freelance translator; it’s my side hustle (although I’ve never used that term) as it’s far too volatile to be my main source of income like I’d like it to be. Some months I earn enough to pay my rent, mortgage, bills and still have pocket money. Some months I make under £100. :lol:

The band I’m sometimes associated with doesn’t do many paid gigs so there’s no money in that. Just a bit of fun.

I'm one of the lazier matched betters on here. Don't spend much time on it. Still pays for a family holiday abroad,a good Christmas and a couple shopping sprees each year

No it doesn’t show on your credit report but when the mortgage company asks to see your bank statements they might get twitchy if they see lots of gambling transactions. Then again, they might not.
See if you can deposit by PayPal as I’d imagine most bookies allow that and then that doesn’t show up on the statements as a gambling transaction just a PayPal payment.

Several
Pig farmer ( small scale) . Covers it’s cost and we get loads of free pork
Ambulance paramedic
First aid and defibrillator training
Some months I more than double my wages but most months it’s a couple of hundred notes

All about the drugs n groupies

Every fireman I know has a 2nd job , cash is king

Back