How many of you.....

Not any more, I used a vape for about 2 years but slowly reduced the nicotine level until I had reduced it to zero.
So you stopped vaping or still do? Has there been any new developments for vaping or is it still not bad for you? As a none smoker I'm out of the loop so to speak.

Nope, but my dad does.

Had a stroke, cardio vascular disease and is constantly dizzy but refuses to give up.

Next stage is death.
My dad was the same, Capstan man.

Had a heart attack at 65 and his concession was to switch to tips.
Died at 73 with lung cancer, went over 6 months.
I remember the last time I saw him alive he was in a wheel chair and only regained conciousness long enough to open one eye and motion me to light a cig for him, which I duly did. He took two drags and went back over and I took it off him Figured it was the least I could do for him, nowt spoiling at that stage.
That was 1992 and I haven't smoked since. Not a sad story though, the old fella loved his smokes and accepted the cost as just that.

When I was a young'un in the fifties, just about everyone smoked so seemed the natural thing to do.At the finish I was a really heavy smoker.
Used to have a fall of soot every three weeks,so knew I had to quit,which I did about twenty years ago. Best thing I've done.

The COPD nurses reckon it takes 10 years at 20 a day to almost garuntee COPD at some point. They say people who have never smoked just don't get it
I reckon I am just shy of the threshold so fingers crossed

Never smoked in my life but my wife did from being a Red House Estate 14yo.
Showed her many times the cost of smoking per month was about the same as the mortgage, water bill and 20% of the Council Tax. She didn't care.
Five years ago our granddaughter stopped kissing her because "you smell"
Wife got smoking patches and saw the cessation nurse, stopped dead in the water after 42 years.
Strange the things that will motivate people in making changes.

When I started smoking I thought it would easily be easy to quit as cigarettes taste horrible.

So you stopped vaping or still do? Has there been any new developments for vaping or is it still not bad for you? As a none smoker I'm out of the loop so to speak.

No I'm off the vape now as well. I used it to help me stop smoking so I suppose it has done it's job for me.

Feel like slapping young uns when I see them smoke, The shit health they're likely to develop and money they're gonna spend

Even worse is the smug ‘I’m cool’ look on their dials.
I guess for girls it’s partly nerves and a way to keep the weight off as well.
Very sad.

The gov says its ok to smoke as long as you do it outside in the open air so you don't infect anyone.

To all of you who have given up this stinking horrible habit..well done.
To those who choose to smoke.....think again.

Last edited:

Back