How many of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do it mate.

Agreed.

I resent Blair's education policy for normalising a culture where skilled trades were looked down upon in favour of meaningless degrees.

I'm not absolving myself or anyone of any guilt in regards to not doing enough independent research, but if you're told all throughout secondary school that you should go to sixth form then university because you'll earn more, you take it in. You notice that whilst it's not explicitly said, certain students are directed towards the trades and BTECs and apprenticeships and the like.

Reality of it is, a skilled tradesman will likely earn more than someone who has an average degree in an average subject from an average university and subsequently ends up in an average job.
shame you never went in the time of tory control then and had a nice 30 odd thousand quid debt

I started university under the coalition govt and ended university under the Tory govt.

The only reason I don't have £30k debt is because I got a scholarship for my masters
well done, three cheers and very fortunate

Unfotunately degrees mean next to nowt now, compared to say 20-30 year ago . Its become almost the norm now for kids to stay on and go to university, many badly advised into doing meaningless degrees
Except in the US, a degree is the new high school diploma. The degrees over here aren't much higher standard than the A levels we did in the 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back