How many of you lot still shoot in 35mm film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My First SLR :) Got the Kit off my girlfriend (now wife and no!) 28mm, 50mm and 135 lenses cost her about £200 new. Now every time I buy anything photography related I blame her for getting me into it!
Funny how these german cameras were regarded as lowly compared to others when you had zeiss lenses

I loved mine, contemplated getting another just for old time sakes. Remember I dropped the 50mm when I was changing lenses on South Shields pier - felt sick to my stomach, broke the focussing ring :-(

If we are in a bidding war, you can have all of my 35mm gear for £999.50

All I have is a Samsung Slimzoom which is probably worth about £15 now!

I don't use my 35mm film gear that much, so selling it seems worthwhile; but if I'm not going to get much for it, I may as well keep it. It's a quandary.

Ooooo get this bridge denier with his fancy spoiler trick

I don't know if I am but if someone wanted to pay me a thousand pounds - I'd have a think about it because it would be a good offer.
Is it worth £1000, though? Or that's what it'd take for you to part with it? I'm just being nosy really.

Is it worth £1000, though? Or that's what it'd take for you to part with it? I'm just being nosy really.
If someone was going to offer me a good price, I'd price all my equipment up and then decide. I hadn't really thought about selling my equipment until this thread, but there is an emotional attachment (which is daft really isn't it?)

Bottom line is are you still using it or are you ever likely to use it again.

If yes, keep it unless you need the dosh. If not, get rid!

It might be worth something in 100 years time if you live that long

Bottom line is are you still using it or are you ever likely to use it again.

If yes, keep it unless you need the dosh. If not, get rid!

It might be worth something in 100 years time if you live that long
I wasn't going to keep it for it to accrue value. I think I've kept it because it is an SLR and therefore a better camera ability wise (ie I can do more with it) than my digital compact. But realistically I don't use it that much and it is gathering dust hanging in the hall. So maybe it is time to say good bye and put the money towards a digital SLR (a used good one or a new not so good one is the next decision). Decisions.

Nope just a regular SLR two prime lenses and a zoom lens (plus an assortment of filters and attachments etc).
I'm sure the game is tickling you as much as it is us, but the normal description involves a brand name and model name, plus focal length of the lenses.

Jokes apart, I'm pretty sure between us we could give you a fair estimate of its value, if that's what you want. I've bought and sold a lot of film camera gear so could also advise where to sell it too.

I'm sure the game is tickling you as much as it is us, but the normal description involves a brand name and model name, plus focal length of the lenses.

Jokes apart, I'm pretty sure between us we could give you a fair estimate of its value, if that's what you want. I've bought and sold a lot of film camera gear so could also advise where to sell it too.
Weren't playing games TGS. Thanks for your offer of help also.:)

I never gave the names or lens lengths because I guessed amongst helpful offers/prices/information I'd also get, "that ain't worth a bean" comments. Until this thread I hadn't really thought about selling, but I'm pondering a while now. Bit busy currently, but come Easter I might establish what I could get for it all.

Someone should start a 'let's guess Peachy's camera that may or may not be for sale' thread. ;):p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back