How many of you lot still shoot in 35mm film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A decent one :lol:

My knowledge of film cameras is pretty much non-existant, but what I've gleaned from 90 minutes Googling is I want something like a Pentax k1000?
So just a decent 35mm slr

All I have left is a Pracktica with 3 lenses, you could have for not a lot

Pretty much. (I think..!)

How big is it? Wanting something fairly small, just to throw over my shoulder when I go cycling/walking.
Just yer normal size for 35mm

4 lenses actually in a leather case.

Not sure it'll be much good for you though as it'll have no light meter on it - you'd need an external meter

Mind - a lot of film cameras now will have dodgy light meters as they've been around so long

Not sure it'll be much good for you though as it'll have no light meter on it - you'd need an external meter

Mind - a lot of film cameras now will have dodgy light meters as they've been around so long
Or he could just use a light meter app, or the sunny 16 rule etc.

*Goes off to Google what a light meter is... :lol:

Or he could just use a light meter app, or the sunny 16 rule etc.
I just downloaded one called mylightmeter

Seems quite canny, giving the ev readings I'd expect[DOUBLEPOST=1394186408][/DOUBLEPOST]In fact it's matching my expensive pentax digital spotmeter :lol:

The only advantage of that now seems to be the 1 degree spot :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
About 50 - 100 for mine. I would need to check out the comparative values of the lenses

Body

Pracktica MTL 5B £10 ish ebay

Lenses

Eyemik 200mm nice telephoto £30 on ebay
Zeiss jena 50mm 2.8 £20 ish on ebay
Beroflex 35mm 2.8 £15 ebay
Beroflex 135mm 2.8 £26 ebay

What say £70 the lot if you bought them all?

Checked the shutter and apertures all seem fine. Obv if you had any problems you could have your cash back[DOUBLEPOST=1394357292][/DOUBLEPOST]Interesting story about aus Jena lenses here... this is an aus Jena

http://www.pentaconsix.com/jena.htm[DOUBLEPOST=1394357488][/DOUBLEPOST]
Body

Pracktica MTL 5B £10 ish ebay

Lenses

Eyemik 200mm nice telephoto £30 on ebay
Zeiss jena 50mm 2.8 £20 ish on ebay
Beroflex 35mm 2.8 £15 ebay
Beroflex 135mm 2.8 £26 ebay

What say £70 the lot if you bought them all?

Checked the shutter and apertures all seem fine. Obv if you had any problems you could have your cash back[DOUBLEPOST=1394357292][/DOUBLEPOST]Interesting story about aus Jena lenses here... this is an aus Jena

http://www.pentaconsix.com/jena.htm

Basically the 50mm should be a sharp good quality lens

The others will be of average quality, though they are prime lenses, not zooms, so will give you better pictures than any zoom from similar manufacturers

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back