How many games do you get to

typically in a season? Safc or others?

I've got a ST so get to every home game, I go to home cup games, but unfortunately due to finances I can't afford many away games these days. Just been to two away games this season.

Don't tend to go watch any other team. Been to Seaham Red Star a few times.

Salute those who travel from far for our home games, and those that travel to watch us away regularly. A lot of time and money.
Same as me.

All home league games and usually go to cup games, other than sometimes missing early league cup games.

In terms of aways, been to Stoke, Boro, and WBA, albeit Boro was as a guest in a client's box, so not sure that counts!

I work in retail,so Saturdays off are at a premium.I used to go home and away and once chose a certain job to let me attend more.Nowadays do 7-10 home games a season,mainly midweeks and use holidays for big games,eg the cavemen FA Cup game.Done 6 o.r 7 homes this season,only seen 1 win,Watford.

When I lived up there I’d do every home game and half the aways in North and Midlands.
Moved sarf and it was most games down sarf and about half the homes. Then all ticket came in and that became harder.
The move to the SOL meant a ST and most homes and most aways darn sarf………..then I looked at my bank account and the ST went.
Nowadays it’s a handful of homes and a handful of southern aways when tkts are gettable. If we ever get good again I’ll find out how to watch these dodgy feeds and see a few more.
I’ve nowt but admiration and sympathy for those who can keep gannin decade after decade after decade. I’d do it mesel if Star Trek “beam me up scotty” technology ever becomes the norm but the travel hassle and expense and aging seems to have done for me now. It’s not SAFCs shitness as the match itself is the least important part of gannin to the match.

6 away and 5 home. Live Midlands. Used to do a lot more aways. Getting harder to get away tickets, esp with some teams giving us measly allocations (eg Leeds).
It helps now that my lad chose to go to Uni in Ncastle.
My wife (no and doesnt care for football) has promised me she will come to all the Champions League games in Europe when we qualify…..
Leeds gave us 2,900 tickets mate

All home games a season bar 1-2 usually and my SC is handed to a friend or family member for those.

Rarely get to away games at all these days.

Jacked in my SC for next season for various reasons. Will likely get one again in the near future though.

Last edited:
Usually get home for 5 or 6 a season at Sunderland, plus any away games in the Southeast or South Coast that I can get to.

and then a few Northern League games If I come home and SAFC are away or we don't have a game.

Because of the way family occasions have fallen in the NE this year I've actually watched more amateur NE football than I've seen Sunderland.

Will have done 41 out of 46 league games
Done both cup ties
All of the UK based pre season game
4 u21 games
Every England home and away match this season up to now

Still got England games at SJP and Wembley followed by first two group games at Euros then Bolivia v Panama at the Copa America in July

I will have managed every home game this season by the end of it. Really want to start going to away games next season only went to a handful this year.

Had season tickets for me, wife and two kids for 7 seasons, first under Reid then under Keane. 250 miles each way from Gloucester. Went to most away games as they were closer!

Retired now and home matches are special occasions when we visit the NE. Away game tickets difficult to come by for non-season ticket holders.

Not sure whether I could face driving 500 miles in a day any more and dread to think how much the petrol would cost!

Kids are now in their mid 30s😀
Pretty much the same now.
Retired and living in Devon home games are an arm and a leg.
The odd away game if I can get a ticket. Just hope Plymouth up.

None this season, 1 last, Luton in the play offs in the BCB.

My disability has made match going a total chore, I just can't do it anymore. I did contemplate a BCB season ticket pre covid but my mates weren't interested so that idea got binned.

I still watch most games home and away. I watched Blackburn recently in town with a mate! I'm popping down town to see my mates pre match tomorrow for the last time this season then will be heading home to watch the game on the settee.

Including last game of the season I'll have done every home game including 2 Cup games.
Hopefully going to Watford which will be my 11th away game.
By my reckoning that's 36 games this season.

Back