How many Derby games you been to ?

V the scum home & away
28 for me

Great question.
Stopped going away after Michael Owen game embarrassment so missed the two 3 nillers, but thankfully missed the 5-1 humiliation. Also missed the fan ban away game.
Gonna have to rack the brains now...
I'm approaching 60 years of age and have done for definite 38 derby games (my Dad took me to a couple in late 60s but as can't recall, I'm not counting them).

The 38 include 2 x Texaco cup games which we won 2-1 h and 2-0 away

1 x LC game which we won on pens after 2-2 draw (missed home game as on holiday)

1 x play off game game which won 2 nil iirc :lol:

The double header friendly of 81/82 - drew 1-1 away (Ritchie) and won 2-1 at home (Hawley and Allardyce)

Montys testimonial in 74 lost 3-2

Martin Harvey's testimonial in 75 won 2-1

Missed a canny few due to holidays inc loss at home 03 Solano penalty, the 4-1 loss under Bally in 06, the 1 nil loss under Bruce at home in 2011.
Couldn't go to fan ban game in 97 and have chosen to miss away games since the Owen debacle.
19 home.
15 away.
Rubbish :lol:
31 using the website daffy threw up, plus at least 4 testamonials, 2 home (Martin Harvey and Monty) and 2 away ( Ollie Burton /David Craig).
So 35 at least and I'm thinking also of a couple of pre season friendlies 1981 ? One at home and one away?

Yeah, I've included them.
You musta done the 2 Texaco cup games as well Cochise ?

Last edited:
Great question.
Stopped going away after Michael Owen game embarrassment so missed the two 3 nillers, but thankfully missed the 5-1 humiliation. Also missed the fan ban away game.
Gonna have to rack the brains now...
I'm approaching 60 years of age and have done for definite 38 derby games (my Dad took me to a couple in late 60s but as can't recall, I'm not counting them).

The 38 include 2 x Texaco cup games which we won 2-1 h and 2-0 away

1 x LC game which we won on pens after 2-2 draw (missed home game as on holiday)

1 x play off game game which won 2 nil iirc :lol:

The double header friendly of 81/82 - drew 1-1 away (Ritchie) and won 2-1 at home (Hawley and Allardyce)

Montys testimonial in 74 lost 3-2

Martin Harvey's testimonial in 75 won 2-1

Missed a canny few due to holidays inc loss at home 03 Solano penalty, the 4-1 loss under Bally in 06, the 1 nil loss under Bruce at home in 2011.
Couldn't go to fan ban game in 97 and have chosen to miss away games since the Owen debacle.

Rubbish :lol:

Yeah, I've included them.
You musta done the 2 Texaco cup games as well Cochise ?

How is it rubbish ?

12 Senior games 1 win. Even went to a youth game at Sid James. 2-0 up at half time and lost 3-2.

Had never been back since the 5-1 monstrosity until I went to the England v Italy rugby match in 2019.

First one I went to was 96/97 at Roker as a bairn, no Mags allowed in, we got beat and Ginola got pied and had to get subbed off so he could wash his L’Oréal sponsored hair.

I remember the home game at the begining of the 74/75 season.
Was the away one not the Anglo Scottish cup a year later ?
Yeah won 2 nil. One of lads got done by 3 blokes on high level bridge
Aye, you've done a lot TBF, not sure why I didnt do the friendlies in 81/82 I may have caught up.

Mr C has done over 50 but tbf, he is 63 so got in a few late 60s games

Last edited:
All at RP or SOL for me none at the landfill. First was in 77 or 78. I think Roy greenwood equalised after Peter withe scored for them. Only win I have seen was when Richardson scored. A great day indeed.

All at RP or SOL for me none at the landfill. First was in 77 or 78. I think Roy greenwood equalised after Peter withe scored for them. Only win I have seen was when Richardson scored. A great day indeed.

Oct 78. Ref allowed Mags to take free kick even tho Jeff Clarke, who he'd been talking to regarding a foul was jogging back to get in to position. Roy Greenwood swept home equaliser after great work by Micky Docha.
Think this might have been first all ticket game at RP v mags eh @Logan 5 as don't think 76/77 was.

"Friendly" games are missing and we used to have a lot in the 70s
There was one in January 71 as both clubs had been knocked out of fa cup in 3rd round. Drew 1-1 and Argus mentioned iirc that we had a rowdy contingent there. I think @vinegar hill was there ?
"Friendly" games are missing and we used to have a lot in the 70s
Don't think we had a lot mind.
There was the 71 friendly, plus there were 4 X testimonials for Monty, Burton, Martin Harvey and Craig.

Last edited:

Back