How many cameras do you own?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5265

How many cameras do you own? I'm talking stand-alone cameras here, so exclude any phones or the like that have cameras built in.

I have one of these and that's it.

I'm just curious to know how many other people have.

A few too many

Zenith EM
Canon AF1
Canon EOS 300
Fuji S602Z
Sigma SD9
Pentax K10D
Mamiya 645

Plus a couple of compacts and old cameras I have blagged of people

At the moment:

The Polaroids all belonged to my Mrs and I've never used them as I can't get the film, I'm looking forward to the Impossible project stuff being available in my neck of the wood as I've developed a taste for what's possible with instant film.

3 Polaroids
1 Yashica 635 TLR
2 Canon AE1 (One doesn't work)
1 Yashica TL Electro
1 Holga
1 Olympus 770W
1 Canon Powershot SX210
1 Canon EOS 7D
1 Canon EOS 3

So the answer to your question is: not nearly enough

Here's the Holga and the Yashica TLR
Logon or register to see this image

And the Yashica Electro

Years ago I had a Kodak Pocket camera that took 110 film

then later an Olympus Trip that I got with petrol coupons.

Since I took up photography as a hobby my progression has been Fuji F420 -> Fuji S7000 -> Canon EOS400D -> Canon EOS50D ->The list above.

I gave the Fujis to family members (great little cameras BTW), sold the 400D to a friend and the 50D was stolen. As was a Canon EOS Elan 7E that I bought and loaned to a student friend - she replaced it with the EOS 3, a much better camera.

I'm wandering off topic here aren't I?

Last edited:
Unfortunately only 3.

A Sony point-and shoot
A Sony DSLR A 200
A Minolta Maxxum 7000

Hopefully my collection will expand significantly over the next couple of years and move away from Sony!

Last edited by a moderator:
sony a500 dslr
fuji s5700 bridge camera
vivitar ultra wide & slim 35mm
superheads black slim devil ( a copy of the above vivitar) 35mm
holga 135bc 35mm
Polaroid "super swinger" land camera
konica c35 35mm
Kodak brownie six 20 model C
olympus xa2 35mm
diana F+ 120mm
lomo smena symbol 35mm
Halina Paulette 35mm
minolta 404s1 35mm SLR
ilford sportie 35mm
practika MTL 3 35mm SLR
Minolta 7000i 35mm SLR
Minolta dynax 5 35mm SLR
lomography fisheye 1 35mm
zorki 4k Rangefinder
barclaycard 35mm promo camera
olympus trip 35
zenith EM Rangefinder 35mm
samsung digital compact
olympus digital compact
fuji digital compact

think thats it, might be one or two others that escape me right now.

here's a few pics of some..

cant wait for car boot sale season to start again!

Last edited:
For those of you who have quite a few, why do you have so many? Is it because you collect them out of interest? Or is it because you enjoy taking pics on the different kinds/models? Do they all have different "personalities" as cameras?

For those of you who have quite a few, why do you have so many? Is it (1) because you collect them out of interest? Or is it (2)because you enjoy taking pics on the different kinds/models? (3) Do they all have different "personalities" as cameras?

All of the above I'd say, but for me, mainly (2)

i'd say all those reasons too janie, and they all have different qualities too and give very different results, personally i love the olympus trip 35, smena symbol and the vivitar cameras.

also, most of them were dead cheap from the local car boot sale, when you see a nice looking camera and its only a couple of quid it's kinda to just leave it, has to be bought, lol, plus i like collecting stuff - hence the reason why i have over 300 pairs of trainers :)

9 in total. Bit of annotation as to what's what.

Digital;
Nikon D2x - My main camera. Full on pro camera from about 2004 ish. Old fashioned by modern standards, but built like a tank.
Nikon D40 - My back up camera. Bashed to bits, held together with string.
Canon Ixus 990ti - My main point and shoot.
Fuji something or other - An older, shitter point and shoot.
Flip Ultra HD - For filums and that.

Film;
Nikon F601 - Bought it half pissed cos it was about a tenner - it was cheap as it has a small fault, I have bough the thing to fix it and haven't (and will never) get around to fixing it.
Nikon EM - Bought it as it came with a good 50mm lens, it's a crap camera with buggered light seals, but I like it. Got some lovely shots from it.
Yashica Mat 124 - Bought it to get into medium format photography, haven't really used it much.
Olympus XA - Always wanted a rangefinder, can't afford a Leica and this so this was an affordable alternative. It's a magnificent camera, love the thing.

The plan is to eventually sell everything bar the D2x (and maybe 3 lenses), then get a Leica M4 or summat.

Kinell, some big collections there! :eek:

I own a Sony Cybershot, Canon EOS 20D, Panasonic video camera and a couple of astronomical cameras. Our lass owns a Canon 10D which I occasionally borrow without asking.:oops:

Nikon FA
Nikon FE
Nikkormat FTn with a broken light meter

Recently sold a knackered F2 and another Nikkormat I couldn't really justify keeping.

Lenses I have are interchangeable between all of them (and will still be usable if I can ever afford an FX digital body too).

£60 Coolpix jobbie for digital snaps, Ebay etc.
and a string of knackered digital compacts that have lasted about 2 years each maximum, but for some reason I haven't thrown out. The three at the top will obviously outlive me and my children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back