How many £10m+ players do we have in the squad?

Fred

Winger
The way some of these young lads are playing not just right now but consistently, surely quite a few are worth £10m or more already.

Only the players who are contracted to us so loan players like Amad don't count in this.

Selling good young players when they are worth £5m - £10m isn’t the way forward, knowing when to keep them that extra year to sell them for £25m + is the trick.

It would be quicker to name the players who aren’t going to be worth £10m at least, in fact we shouldn’t be signing players who haven’t got that potential.

I realise that you are asking who is worth that now.

This I reckon.

If it wasn’t for his injury record I think he would be.
Yeah could be the case.

I also think Paddy Roberts is a sleeper that could fall into this category.

Still only 25 and is absolutely terrorising Championship defences on a quite consistent basis.
Selling good young players when they are worth £5m - £10m isn’t the way forward, knowing when to keep them that extra year to sell them for £25m + is the trick.

It would be quicker to name the players who aren’t going to be worth £10m at least, in fact we shouldn’t be signing players who haven’t got that potential.

Yeah this is a question for the now and not who could potentially be in the future. If we were talking about potentially worth that much we could be talking about most the squad.

Last edited:
Yeah could be the case.

I also think Paddy Roberts is a sleeper that could fall into this category.

Still only 25 and is absolutely terrorising Championship defences on a quite consistent basis.
He is, but I would question his consistency. Sometimes his runs bring no end product, and he’s also prone to giving the ball away quite a lot.

He is, but I would question his consistency. Sometimes his runs bring no end product, and he’s also prone to giving the ball away quite a lot.
That's a positional hazard though. By nature, most wingers are quite inconsistent and have more 'off games' than any other position because they are expected to make the magic happen and sometimes it just doesn't.

Feel like he is starting to achieve that level of consistency this season as I haven't seen him have many poor games and had lots of stand out games as well.

That's a positional hazard though. By nature, most wingers are quite inconsistent and have more 'off games' than any other position because they are expected to make the magic happen and sometimes it just doesn't.

Feel like he is starting to achieve that level of consistency this season as I haven't seen him have many poor games and had lots of stand out games as well.
Yeah, he’s definitely improved this season, and when he’s in full flow, he's class to watch,

If, and I’m not saying we will this season, but if we went up and the likes of Patterson, Neil, Ballard and Cirkin did ok in the Premier league they would all be sold on for £15/20m each. That’s the model and it would justification that’s it’s working. If Stewart did well and say scored 10/15 goals in a struggling team he would be sold on for £20/30m. As long as that money is invested back into the team and we by up and coming players for £5/10m who have the potential to become £30/40m players then it’s exciting and importantly a very sustainable model

Neil - Academy
Ballard - £1.5 million
Patterson - Academy
Stewart - £350k

Then £5 million plus
Cirkin - £750k
Hume - £300k
Clarke - £2.5 million ish

Last edited:

Back