How long to sort out this mess

I'm probably going to get more accusations of fans' fault here, but never mind. If people stay away in large numbers, it's not great. The nature of our infrastructure means that there's a fairly high level of fixed costs just with running it. The main source of income is going to be gate money, and every 1,000 off the gate will cost around £400k in income. Given the salary cap, that means a £240k reduction in allowable player wage costs. That will inevitably impact what incoming players may be offered. Further redundancies and mothballing of more areas of the stadium will probably have to happen. It's a very nasty vicious circle. Poor performances mean people stay away, but people staying away makes it harder to improve the team. It may need some truly creative recruitment, and possibly a young coach able to operate on a shoestring. People look at solely at our income as the being the highest in the division, and forget that we also have the highest overheads.

So what you're really saying is that the mess the club's in, the divisions over Brexit, global warming, the sinking of the Titanic and the price of beans, is all our fans fault?

I think you might be disappointed. We’ve had £40m worth of parachute payments since we dropped to this level that have been utterly wasted. Somehow they’re still needing to scratch around for investment. Next season our turnover will be £25m less than last season and £15m less than this. If they’re struggling financially while our turnover is around £30m wait until it falls under £20m.

Every footballing decision they’ve made has set us back. The appointments of Richard hill and Paul Reid are disgraceful really. Complete example of jobs for the boys. There’s no footballing structure, vision or culture despite the best opportunity we’ve had to rebuild for years.

All our academy prospects have been let go for buttons. According to some of the parents this was encouraged. Mumba was tied down, given a couple of games and never seen again. Instead they’re choosing to play him out of position for the u23s. The u23 and u18s get battered every single week.

The signings we’ve made have been short term fixes with no forward planning. There’s maybe only onien and Dobson who you can argue could potentially improve with us and eventually play championship football. We should have been investing in players who we can improve with us and either come up the leagues with us or we can sell for profit.

There’s not a single thing going for us. Every decision made by the board has been to turn us into a league one club and they’ve succeeded. Fans, stadium and academy (building not roster) aside we’re an average league one club in every aspect now thanks to them. We could be here for a good while yet.

Bang on, short term thinking and disastrous decisions from the owner has cost us big time.

SD has pretty much backed the idea of not getting promoted this year and is going with PPs plan of a transitional year/18 months to turn squad around even further.

Huge gamble if nothing comes of it in a years time.

I genuinely fear for the clubs future at the moment. I can see us being stuck in leagues 1 .....and god forbid, league 2.....for 10/15 years.

That's if we survive as i think administration/closure is a real possibility :eek:
10yrs yes.

I think January is Stewies last throw of the dice. Failure means the Americans walk away with us in lieau of payment as I don’t think he wants to hoy any more good money after bad.

If we come out of an admin/closure/bankruptcy type scenario as a fan owned club I’d love it but I think the Americans will want their money back one way or another as THATS an American billionaires idea of sport in itself although Dell is the second most philanthropic in history. Mebbes he could buy his marras out and philanthropise the sol and aol back to a fan owned safc? :lol:

SD has pretty much backed the idea of not getting promoted this year and is going with PPs plan of a transitional year/18 months to turn squad around even further.

Huge gamble if nothing comes of it in a years time.
For me the decision to implement wholesale change the squad and system mid season (when money is apparently tight) is suicidal and almost retarded. Surely a manager who plays fairly similar style to Ross, with the addition of a few more faces and ideas was the way forward

Back