How long have you stayed in a job?

20 year in my first job then worked for myself for 7 year.
Enjoying what I’m doing atm even tho it‘s shite money but it’s the best atmosphere I’ve experienced since my apprenticeship days.
Better to be happy than rich in my opinion.

Current job is at 8 years
Previous job 12 years
One before that 9 years
All in the same trade(ish) but different positions
Probably too late to try something new :confused:

I've worked in the same building now for almost 8 years, in three different departments, and for a number of firms as we have been rebranded/taken over a few times. But I'm classing that as the "same job" as its been largely with the same people in the same office!

in my current job for over 2 years but managed to roll over 5 years worth of long service leave from a previous stint. before that i'd done 4 jobs in 6 years (contract/short term positions). I really want to stay where I am until I retire (10 years but not sure how possible that will be), worse case scenario I get made redundant with a fairly decent payout and I got back to contracting roles.

1st year after school was YTS (remember them) for Sedgefield Council.
7 years man and boy in Her Majesty’s Britannia Royal Air Force (asked to leave).
Couple of months on building site in West London then decent job at IBM in London for about 4 years.
Came back ‘up North’, messed about doing nowt for a few months and then went full time student for 2 years.
10 years with a company until it went bust, rival firm rang me the day it went bust and offered me a job. 5 years with them.
2 years with another ‘rival’ then got laid off so
been self employed for a couple of years.
Hopefully the self employment will last till I retire. 👍

Back