How long have you been a gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commodore 64 then Amiga. First console was a PSOne when I was ironically losing interest in gaming. It dragged me back in, had every PlayStation since and gaming PC's.

Atari VCS was first for me Got a ps4 and x box one now.I'm 48.

As it should be, I'm 42 this year and I know I'll be playing games until I shuffle off. Once you hit a certain age and keep playing it'll be there forever.

Last edited:

Commodore 64 then Amiga. First console was a PSOne when I was ironically losing interest in gaming. It dragged me back in, had every PlayStation since and gaming PC's.

As it should be, I'm 42 this year and I know I'll be playing games until I shuffle off. Once you hit a certain age and keep playing it'll be there forever.

I just cant imagine still playing games as an old man in my 70s like :lol:

Atari ST in 89' great machine for it's time, quickly followed by a GameBoy and a Mega Drive.

Back when games were genuinely fun :cool:

My dad would buy anything computer related back then so i've played loads of random consoles too - Phillips CDi was the shittest by far.

For 39 years (started gaming in 1978) and Atari 2600 :oops:

Atari 2600
Atari 600XL
ZX81
Acorn BBC B
Commodore 64
Amiga 500
Amiga 1200
Amiga CD32
PS1
PS2
XBOX (Never used)
XBOX 360 (Never used)
About 8 or 9 PCs

Last edited:
Mega drive with sonic 2 in 1994.

Had a PC which had a 500mb hard drive that I played ultima 8, theme park, Warcraft and carmageddon on. Was more my dads but I remember being able to use DOS to get the games away.

My Grandad had one of those Pong machines. My first computer was a Vic 20. Moved onto the C64, then consoles starting with the Super Nintendo (Chalmers)

short version - I remember when games were bloody difficult.

Really?:eek:

That was f***ing impossible
Mate, my mam wouldn't buy games for "that contraption", I played it loads until my sister rammed it into the disk drive the wrong way and the system had to go away for repair.

I didn't realise it was a hard game until I mentioned it on a thread where I said someone was bullshitting about completing battletoads. I thought it was solid because I was a kid, not that it was a legit solid game.

I had a commodore 64 in the late 80's. Not sure of the exact year. My first console was a megadrive in about 91.

I had a Commodore 16 before a C64 like.

First console likewise was a Megadrive. Then Saturn, Playstation, PS2, 3 and 4. (And now PSVR if its counted as such)

Oh, had a PSP too for a couple of years in its heyday.

I just cant imagine still playing games as an old man in my 70s like :lol:

VR will be mint by then. (Unless you're already in your late 60s...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back