How long have we got?

There's always been severe weather fluctuations, I just had a look at weather records for the UK and it's pretty much a mixed bag in terms of dates.
You'll probably find throughout the world there is nothing to suggest now is any worse than any particular time in history.

It's less clear cut than the main argument, I'll give you that.

From met office:
  • Extreme heat: Almost all studies on extreme heat events indicate human influence.
  • Drought: About half the studies on drought show significant human influence.
  • Extreme rainfall: A smaller but increasing number of studies on extreme rainfall detect a human signal.
  • Tropical storms and hurricanes: The picture here is complex. There is strong evidence that increasing sea temperatures increase the intensity of tropical storms. Rising sea levels also increase the risk of coastal flooding. However, there may be an overall decrease in the global total number of tropical cyclones.

There's always been severe weather fluctuations, I just had a look at weather records for the UK and it's pretty much a mixed bag in terms of dates.
You'll probably find throughout the world there is nothing to suggest now is any worse than any particular time in history.

So roughly 12 million deaths by drought in 120 years.

Not so bad, only a million a year on average if you put it that way

Last edited:
If every country had
So roughly 12 million deaths by drought in 120 years.

Not so bad, only a million a year on average of you put it that way.
Would you rather the worst droughts in history killed more and hope we can see that figure doubled in the next decade?

Would you rather the worst droughts in history killed more and hope we can see that figure doubled in the next decade?
Err.. No, I think unless I've missed something, is the point we are debating.

Droughts are bad, extended temperature increases lead to droughts, droughts kill people.

From my first post I thought I was clear on where I stood about higher temperatures.

Last edited:
At present rates, by 2050 half of the Earths population will be obese...that's a world that's hard to sustain.
You know when the Egyptian plagues ended up with killing the first born, perhaps there should be a cull on the Xbox and Playstation lot.
I read that 98% of the obese have a fridge next to their television, not sure if it's true mind, I just made it up.

A good old Thanos Snap will sort things out.

Got a 1 in 2 chance of of not turning to Ash, that's loads more than winning the lottery.

You know when the Egyptian plagues ended up with killing the first born, perhaps there should be a cull on the Xbox and Playstation lot.
I read that 98% of the obese have a fridge next to their television, not sure if it's true mind, I just made it up.
They will be marketing a Fridgitel soon . Sponsored by Netflix and coke and sold by Amazon

How much worse would Covid need to be before civilisation started to break down? Not that much I would hazard a guess.
Mankind functioned after Spanish flu and a world war hit close together killing millions in a much smaller population.
The deaths from covid are mostly old people with little to give in supporting a “ redevelopment “ where as war time kills those that can develop

Last edited:
Some big hot rock is sooner or later going to splatter us out of the universe.
I just hope the boffins spot it with 4 minutes to collision - this will avoid months of panic.
It will also allow me to make love to my wife and boil a final egg.

It is not unreasonable to think that c19 could could still mutate and become like Ebola. Also who's 2 say Putin or Trump 2024 will not devastate the planet.
So I'm going 4 5 years.
I’ll go theres posters on here whose children will witness the last days of life on earth. I’ve nivver been a saver though.
Some big hot rock is sooner or later going to splatter us out of the universe.
I just hope the boffins spot it with 4 minutes to collision - this will avoid months of panic.
It will also allow me to make love to my wife and boil a final egg.
There’s a Chinese rocket currently orbiting out of control. It’s expected to hit earth in about a weeks time. Once it renters the earths atmosphere they reckon it’ll be six hours before it hits earth. Last one damaged some buildings in the Ivory Coast. Six hours to clear the area if it’s heading for land. Im gonna fill the car up....though it’s due an mot this week. Hmmmm decisions decisions.

Last edited:
I’ll go theres posters on here whose children will witness the last days of life on earth. I’ve nivver been a saver though.

There’s a Chinese rocket currently orbiting out of control. It’s expected to hit earth in about a weeks time. Once it renters the earths atmosphere they reckon it’ll be six hours before it hits earth. Last one damaged some buildings in the Ivory Coast. Six hours to clear the area if it’s heading for land. Im gonna fill the car up....though it’s due an mot this week. Hmmmm decisions decisions.

This is exciting. What's the damage radius on the last one?

Back