How long have we got?

Humans have wiped out an estimated 680 species in human history.

In the past 50 years, over 1 million more have become endangered and the majority of them face extinction within 20 years

What people miss when they talk about the longevity of the world and people is that for 99% of human history humanity's impact on the climate has been negligible.

Since industrialisation though it's a vertical drop which inclines exponentially and gets worse each year. And ess tially nothing is being done to try and even level it out.

Covid is a product of zoonosis which is the process of animals never intended to meet being brought together unnaturally. They were brought together entirely because of human intent.

Besides the obvious dangers of climate change to the planet, stuff like Covid proves its not just a case of waiting for the planet to burn. We're f***ing up an eco system which is already very sensitively balanced and which we are sensitive to. Wont take much to absolute clobber humanity with humans doing what they are *well before* water levels rise etc.
but then you offset that with the new species being discovered:

I don't want to disappoint you but since 1880 the average temperature has gone from 13.73 degrees to 14.51, gingers are quite safe for the foreseeable future.
I love the video on this web page, we're melting, we're melting.

The average over a year doesn't mean anything though in day to day temp.

Look at the last month, we had temperatures of 18 in March or early April, now the Las few weeks some days have struggle to hit double figures.

You could have a really hot summer then a really cold winter and the average will basically cancel each other out.

It's the few months of 10 degree hotter than normal and no rainfall that could do the damage.

Humans can pollinate, I didn't realise till a neighbour told me he had pollinated his tomato plants.
Here is something to read, I've no idea if it works for everything mind, I didn't really think much about it till you just mentioned it.

We can pollinate. The bees pollinate better though, can't replace their workload. Like losing Scholes and replacing him with Rodwell.

Any increase is awful for the planet. A 3 degree increase doesn't sound like much but would be ecologically cataclysmic.
There hasn't been a 1 degree increase in 140 years.
The average over a year doesn't mean anything though in day to day temp.

Look at the last month, we had temperatures of 18 in March or early April, now the Las few weeks some days have struggle to hit double figures.

You could have a really hot summer then a really cold winter and the average will basically cancel each other out.

It's the few months of 10 degree hotter than normal and no rainfall that could do the damage.
Over a year?
It's based on decades.

Another 3,000 years maybe

The important thing now is the space exploration to find a new home
And new pathogens, and different laws of physics. Add to that weve been sending radio waves out into space for 70 years, so nobody answering within 35 light years, and sod sitting in economy for 5,000 years! :D

but then you offset that with the new species being discovered:

They dont offset anything

They dont make up for what is and will be lost. The other things do not need to die for these to exist they already exist with the endangered species.

They're being discovered, not created. They're not replacements.

Over a year?
It's based on decades.
NASA's site says 1.18 degrees with most of that occurring in the last 40 years. Hotter it gets the faster it gets hotter. Will reach 3 easy if major change doesn't happen.
patience needed, we'll get there
Will we survive long enough to get there the big problem, and once we get there who owns it?

Last edited:
1. Viruses...16 years max.
2. Climate change...16 years max.
3. Asteroid...87 years max.
4. Yellowstone Park...Anytime soon.
5. War...We'll be too busy with other stuff.

Over a year?
It's based on decades.
Exactly, the longer the spread the slighter the average.

In a week you can see temps vary from 6 or 7 degrees to 18.

That's a 12 degree increase.

But over a year, the average based on every day is going to be a lot smaller. As you will have say minus 9 to plus 30 over 365 days.

So 39 divide by 365 =0.1068 degrees.

Where as in the space of 3 days you could have a 12 degree rise equaling 4 degrees average over 3 days.

Last edited:
NASA's site says 1.18 degrees with most of that occurring in the last 40 years. Hotter it gets the faster it gets hotter. Will reach 3 easy if major change doesn't happen.

Will we survive long enough to get there the big problem, and once we get there who owns it?
And the racism problems with the Greens :eek:

Exactly, the longer the spread the slighter the average.

In a week you can see temps vary from 6 or 7 degrees to 18.

That's a 12 degree increase.

But over a year, the average based on every day is going to be a lot smaller. As you will have say minus 9 to plus 30 over 365 days.

So 39 divide by 365 =0.1068 degrees.

Where as in the space of 3 days you could have a 12 degree rise equaling 4 degrees average over 3 days.
In an argument about climate change you can only base it off the same data, that being temperature change over that period and it's based on decade after decade, there's not much I can do about that.
I got a tan last Sunday and in the same week it was f***ing freezing.

In an argument about climate change you can only base it off the same data, that being temperature change over that period and it's based on decade after decade, there's not much I can do about that.
Climate change isn't just temperature increase. Do wild weather fluctuations not suggest something wrong with the world's climate?

But the extended period of extreme temperature is what will make he difference, not yearly or centuryt average.

As a farmer a 1 degree increase or decrease over a year or a century won't make much difference, not even a change in socks.

But a 3 month drought of 10 degree higher temps over the summer and no rain fall could wipe out crops.

Last edited:
Climate change isn't just temperature increase. Do wild weather fluctuations not suggest something wrong with the world's climate?
There's always been severe weather fluctuations, I just had a look at weather records for the UK and it's pretty much a mixed bag in terms of dates.
You'll probably find throughout the world there is nothing to suggest now is any worse than any particular time in history.
But the extended period of extreme temperature is what will make he difference, not yearly or centuryt average.

As a farmer a 1 degree increase or decrease over a year or a century won't make much difference, not even a change in socks.

But a 3 month drought of 10 degree higher temps over the summer and no rain fall could wipe out crops.

Last edited:

Back