How long have we got?

MonkeyLove

Striker
On the theme of the what will kill off mankind, what’s your prediction?

I’d give us 200 years tops before one of the known issues I.e climate change, or some freak accident, does for the human race

On the theme of the what will kill off mankind, what’s your prediction?

I’d give us 200 years tops before one of the known issues I.e climate change, or some freak accident, does for the human race
And all I ask is to see us win one proper trophy. A League Cup will be more than sufficient and then the world can destroy itself.
I just hope that whatever happens we don't take all the animals with us and that when we're gone the animals don't take out their jealously of dogs role as man's best friend out on them. I hope that dogs are allowed back into the wild animal fold no questions asked

Life really is too short to mull over what freak event might end mankind. If there is an issue you can do something about then fine.

We might be a much smaller population but we’re like cockroaches and adapt to living in extremely inhospitable environments. Only a mega extinction event would wipe us out and there’s not much we could do about that.
We are more likely to evolve in to something slightly different than disappear.

Life really is too short to mull over what freak event might end mankind. If there is an issue you can do something about then fine.
But we can spend days agonising over whether we would be better off without Charlie wyke, or who is going to win a by-election in a town we don’t live in.

It is not unreasonable to think that c19 could could still mutate and become like Ebola. Also who's 2 say Putin or Trump 2024 will not devastate the planet.
So I'm going 4 5 years.

Last edited:
We might be a much smaller population but we’re like cockroaches and adapt to living in extremely inhospitable environments. Only a mega extinction event would wipe us out and there’s not much we could do about that.
I'd probably say we are a quite fragile species biology wise,, we might have the brains to develop tech but I'd say any sort of cataclysmic change to the environment would see us wiped out.

This is true, humans have historically been incredibly resistent to exctinction.

However, the modern human is more concerned with Instagram filters than survival skills and self-sustainability so we might just be fucked next time

But we can spend days agonising over whether we would be better off without Charlie wyke, or who is going to win a by-election in a town we don’t live in.
They're real-life issues that can impact on our happiness. Coming up with future imagined disaster scenarios seems a bit pointless unless you're imagining ways to prevent them.

Don't get me wrong, if anyone wants to do this then that's up to them but I'll give it a swerve, I think.

Back