How long have we got?

I'd probably say we are a quite fragile species biology wise,, we might have the brains to develop tech but I'd say any sort of cataclysmic change to the environment would see us wiped out.
Cataclysmic change is very rare and we’ve adapted to every challenge as a species. Eventually global warming would do for us and most things but there’s time, just, to change and adapt to that. Something like bees becoming extinct would fuck us up a treat but still probably wouldn’t do for us all. Will need an unfortunate series of events like a more lethal pandemic, magnetic shift f***ing technology, reduction in fertility and a massive meteor strike or similar to happen in a short time period.

I'm not a tin foiler by any .eans, but I really do believe AI will eventually be humans downfall, whether it be 100 years or 10 000 years.

The way tech progresses at the minute I could envisage an AI/robot fall out within 200 years, then maybe another 500 years of tit for tat before a final push for AI wiping out the majority of human kind.

Be little pockets of human resistance ala the Matrix but we'd be fucked.
Cataclysmic change is very rare and we’ve adapted to every challenge as a species. Eventually global warming would do for us and most things but there’s time, just, to change and adapt to that. Something like bees becoming extinct would fuck us up a treat but still probably wouldn’t do for us all. Will need an unfortunate series of events like a more lethal pandemic, magnetic shift f***ing technology, reduction in fertility and a massive meteor strike or similar to happen in a short time period.
It is very rare, but also very random.

Whats to say a gigantic solar flare in the next week will lead to the stripping of our atmosphere in the next year.

Or a huge volcanic eruption shrouding the planet in dust and gas.

We've only been round 700 000 years or so and haven't faced anything like that, yeah we've face the odd ice age but nothing to the extent of some of the stuff that is possible.

Last edited:
How will climate change kill off mankind?
Large portions of countries/continents already difficult to live in are on track to become unliveable in in the not-too distant future. We are already on track to have a massive problem feeding the world without climate change due to unsustainable population growth. Large areas of low-lying land such as Mexico City on the cards to be underwater. Mass extinction of species of flora and fauna due to changes in climate, only need one species to go kaput for a domino effect. How do you house, feed etc. everyone in worse conditions than we have now (conditions that currently result in large portions of the world starving to death or on the absolute breadline). Might not kill everyone but could easily kill the majority seeing as the majority live in countries in already difficult-to-live climates. This is all ignoring possible wars cropping up over limited supplies of water, food etc. Wars that could easily become nuclear under extreme desperation.

Depends on the severity I suppose. Some will survive.
I see the climate change thing as similar to Covid, they're basing it on modelling etc and don't really have any definitive idea to what will actually happen and have got things wrong, one pole is melting faster than they thought the other has grown.
There was a news article a few years ago on ITV where they were in Antarctica and there was a chunk of an iceberg that fell into the water near a boat they were in and they made a big issue of how the ice caps were melting etc but they were there in the summer and that is what happens.

To be fair to scientists as far as the life of the earth goes, since records began, it is not even 1 second of a football match to understand how things have developed over it's existence.
They probably get paid quite a bit of money to do their research so will continue filling whoever with whatever shite they need to keep it going as best they can.

I don't deny things are heating up but as my brother said years ago, it has been since the ice age.

What we need to do is stop building things near to the coast and rivers, settlements are there due to ease of transport in days gone by.
They say if that volcano goes off in the Canaries and slides into the Atlantic it will wipe out New York yet they still spend billions building there.

Gingers will be the first to go, I know several that can't even go out on a warm spring day now never mind when the temperature rises 35 degrees.

It could possibly kill quite a bit of the population but to make mankind extinct, I'd like you to explain if you don't mind. ;)
Let's say honey bees go extinct, a very real possibility at this point, everything pollinated by them goes effectively extinct as well as the animals that live off said produce. Can you not see the possible knock on effects?
Just one example.

Last edited:
Humans have wiped out an estimated 680 species in human history.

In the past 50 years, over 1 million more have become endangered and the majority of them face extinction within 20 years

What people miss when they talk about the longevity of the world and people is that for 99% of human history humanity's impact on the climate has been negligible.

Since industrialisation though it's a vertical drop which inclines exponentially and gets worse each year. And ess tially nothing is being done to try and even level it out.

Covid is a product of zoonosis which is the process of animals never intended to meet being brought together unnaturally. They were brought together entirely because of human intent.

Besides the obvious dangers of climate change to the planet, stuff like Covid proves its not just a case of waiting for the planet to burn. We're f***ing up an eco system which is already very sensitively balanced and which we are sensitive to. Wont take much to absolute clobber humanity with humans doing what they are *well before* water levels rise etc.

Gingers will be the first to go, I know several that can't even go out on a warm spring day now never mind when the temperature rises 35 degrees.

I don't want to disappoint you but since 1880 the average temperature has gone from 13.73 degrees to 14.51, gingers are quite safe for the foreseeable future.
I love the video on this web page, we're melting, we're melting.

Let's say honey bees go extinct, a very real possibility at this point, everything pollinated by them goes effectively extinct as well as the animals that live off said produce. Can you not see the possible knock on effects?
Just one example.
Humans can pollinate, I didn't realise till a neighbour told me he had pollinated his tomato plants.
Here is something to read, I've no idea if it works for everything mind, I didn't really think much about it till you just mentioned it.

I don't want to disappoint you but since 1880 the average temperature has gone from 13.73 degrees to 14.51, gingers are quite safe for the foreseeable future.
I love the video on this web page, we're melting, we're melting.

Any increase is awful for the planet. A 3 degree increase doesn't sound like much but would be ecologically cataclysmic.

Back