How long after crash is a claim legit?

Suomifinland

Central Defender
Was on here couple of weeks back after a minor bump in car. I went into back of someone & very minor damage to em (broken bumper clip). They have my details & said they would fix & let me know cost. Is a v cheap job.

But I've heard nowt since. If they faff on for weeks then eg. Cause more damage by driving with small issue, what would you lot do? Is there a period after they can't legitimately ask me to pay anymore?

Was on here couple of weeks back after a minor bump in car. I went into back of someone & very minor damage to em (broken bumper clip). They have my details & said they would fix & let me know cost. Is a v cheap job.

But I've heard nowt since. If they faff on for weeks then eg. Cause more damage by driving with small issue, what would you lot do? Is there a period after they can't legitimately ask me to pay anymore?

You should report it to your insurance within 30 days whether you are at fault or not.

Someone went into the back of me last week, it was a canny whack mind.
I haven't got whiplash but my elbow is still hurting, I had my arm locked straight holding the wheel as I was waiting to move onto the roundabout. Might put a claim in.

Our lass (no) reversed into a golf, took photos and 3rd party agreed there was no damage to either car, 9 months later our insurance company contacted us to say the 3rd party was claiming for a new bumper and £1000 damages. We contested it and asked for photos and sent our photos off to them. They didn’t want to know, and the claim went thru.

Back