Are you happy? Is your life going well?

I can barely put my shoes on currently. Have ankolysing spondylitis. It'll pass hut currently with the change in humidity and temperature its not amazing
Jesus mate, genuinely sorry to hear about your health issues-
I've lived with someone stricken with severe arthritis for 25 years now. Two new knees and two new hips by the age of 40. Poor soul couldn't walk more than 50 yards when we came to Spain, now manages about 10,000 steps a day. What's helped has been an absence of stress, an alcohol free lifestyle (I compensate by drinking like a fish) a vegetarian diet, a very pollution free environment all combined and so much so that the horrendous amounts of prescription drugs like tramadol, neoproxine?, have all been massively reduced. Also does a tumeric tablet every morning.
The little I've gleaned of your life on here is that you may have an inner-city stressed lifestyle so do hope that there is scope and opportunity for positive change for you.

I’m doing OK still grieving the loss of my partner but lots to be greatful for. Our son has a lovely fiancée and they have set the date*. It’s been lovely sharing the excitement of buying their first home together and the engagement with them.

I’m fortunate to own a nice home and garden in a pleasant area with lovely neighbours. My late husband was a good provider so no worries about debt or anything like that.

I still work but only part time and my job is not stressful at all. I’m optimistic I still have much to look forward to in the future. Hope so at least.

* may even get to be a Grannie after this🤞

Wew grannie KD do they know what they'd be letting a kid in for? 😂 Seriously though pleased you're doing well and it seems like you've a topper family in you son and his missus x

Is my life good?
I'd have to be a right miserable bastard to say no although I had a quite painful operation 2 weeks ago and the discomfort has been quite intense at times. Health has been a big issue for me surviving 4 cancers and a heart attack and reading up on the condition that required the operation it can be a signifier of other cancers and diabetes. Whoops!
However 20 years ago I bought 2 abandoned stables in Spain, converted them into for me into a blessed space and I'm surrounded by 7 acres of olive grove. Despite the nearest village having been discovered by the pink-trousered brigade recently the fact we are 500 yards from there down a dirt track means we aren't part of the swirl of gossip and intrigue that dominates a lot of the ex pats lives.
Not rich by any means but I've never been materialistic in outlook and having slightly more than enough for our needs is a great place to be.
And this year after 2 failed olive harvests and being unable to take last years harvest to the mill due to covid restrictions this year neighbours gathered two tonnes of olives from the grove when they saw that I wasnt able to do it and brought back enough top quality oil to get us through at least two years.
Three rescue dogs that came here bruised and battered and are now settled and content.
If I had only not got Safcsee when we moved here and could break this bitter sweet relationship with SAFC life would be perfect
Oh and this board. It's a lifeline for me really. I get a lot of stimulation from this kinda voyeuristic relationship I have with Sunderland the City, and the UK.
All human life is here. So thanks to you all -even the dafties.

Pros:

House paid off in a couple of months time.

Wonderful adult daughter.

Decent paying job (but see cons).

Cons:

Hate my job.

Borderline alcoholic.

Suffer from depression/anxiety and can't get away from it no matter what AD's I've taken for it.

Jesus mate, genuinely sorry to hear about your health issues-
I've lived with someone stricken with severe arthritis for 25 years now. Two new knees and two new hips by the age of 40. Poor soul couldn't walk more than 50 yards when we came to Spain, now manages about 10,000 steps a day. What's helped has been an absence of stress, an alcohol free lifestyle (I compensate by drinking like a fish) a vegetarian diet, a very pollution free environment all combined and so much so that the horrendous amounts of prescription drugs like tramadol, neoproxine?, have all been massively reduced. Also does a tumeric tablet every morning.
The little I've gleaned of your life on here is that you may have an inner-city stressed lifestyle so do hope that there is scope and opportunity for positive change for you.
Thats a really nice sentiment mate thank you. Its periodic but this time of the year is torture. I could defo make lifestyle changes but the last year has been properly full on at work. If I play my game right I might have a 3 month break coming shortly.

Warm weather for me makes everything easier

Was thinking about this yesterday. I really don’t think mine could be that much better. I was Thinking about what could make it better.

I suppose the only things that could would be an unlimited supply of money and knowing exactly which day I will die.

Anyway you tend to come across a lot of people who’s first thought is that life is crap. Don’t think I’ve ever woke up and thought that. I’ve always felt really positive despite the fact like anyone else you have things that test your resolve.

I just thought it would be interesting to see if people are happy and given we’re a pretty broad bunch on here it’s as good a place to ask.

Im very happy and content.

About the same as last time you did this thread

About the same as last time you did this thread

Can’t see any posts from you. Fair enough if you don’t want to participate. Just think it’s nice to ask

Early forties, two kids (girls) who are 3 and 7, got a cracking job, great family and friends. I’ve got good health and have time to partake in my hobbies of playing footy, running, biking etc.

Not all rosy but always wake up looking forward to the day ahead.

Take it easy all and we’ll done on getting your leg over last night OOOSH!

Last edited:
Was thinking about this yesterday. I really don’t think mine could be that much better. I was Thinking about what could make it better.

I suppose the only things that could would be an unlimited supply of money and knowing exactly which day I will die.

Anyway you tend to come across a lot of people who’s first thought is that life is crap. Don’t think I’ve ever woke up and thought that. I’ve always felt really positive despite the fact like anyone else you have things that test your resolve.

I just thought it would be interesting to see if people are happy and given we’re a pretty broad bunch on here it’s as good a place to ask.

Im very happy and content.
I got so drunk at the gig last night that I pissed in the draw of my side table a few hours ago. Life is a sore head right now but in general I'm having a good time :lol:

Happiness is something you create, it isn’t something to be found. In my experience people who are miserable tend to compare their lot with what others have and derive dissatisfaction from that, I was perhaps a little bit guilty of that in my 20’s. I would say I am happier than most nowadays and that comes from understanding clearly what I want from life.

Back