How is your health kick going then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
been off the drink since last summer, been going to the gym, just started adding weights into my gym days. lost 20kg and now look a slip of a lad. eat canny well, just the occasional treat. Enjoying it.

been off the drink since last summer, been going to the gym, just started adding weights into my gym days. lost 20kg and now look a slip of a lad. eat canny well, just the occasional treat. Enjoying it.
The last two words are important like. I struggle to find the balance. I am either all in with the fitness or all in with the being a fat bastard.

Routine is what I struggle with with shifts and a bairn. Another bairn on the way anarl.:lol:

Aye, I used to do a 3 shift rotar meself mate ya right it's murder to get into a routine. And even when I had a routine planned I was always too nackered to stick to it.
It's easier now I'm not on shifts but I've also made a 7 day planner for when and what exercise I'm going to do. Find it much easier to stick to than just deciding spontaneously when I'll exercise. Hope everything goes well with the new youngin mate .

Aye, I used to do a 3 shift rotar meself mate ya right it's murder to get into a routine. And even when I had a routine planned I was always too nackered to stick to it.
It's easier now I'm not on shifts but I've also made a 7 day planner for when and what exercise I'm going to do. Find it much easier to stick to than just deciding spontaneously when I'll exercise. Hope everything goes well with the new youngin mate .
Cheers marra. Hopefully I will still fit in time to excercise.

End of week 6 of C25K for me today. 25 mins of running bookended by two 5 minute walks. Covered 3.1 miles, so I reckon I shouldn't be far off a 5k run. Looking at doing a park run by mid March with a hopefully not too embarrassing time

Lost 4lbs in 10 days. Decided I am only going to get weight fornightly. Off out for a 5k run now and again in the morning because I am out on the piss all day tomorrow so will well exceed the calories I should be having. Doing well with the diet side of things but Saturdays are always going to be harder.

On and off for me.

Used to drink loads of milky coffees, so am switching to black (and water)

Weight loss slowing down, but slowly ticking on. Hoping spring daylight will keep me going with exercise

Calories, calories, calories...

I finally started my fitness come back this year with a gym session yesterday. I have been injured since Christmas and need to ease myself back in. 30 minutes on a bike while reading a magazine probably burnt a fair few calories but does not feel like a proper session if you can read while doing it. Not a bad way to spend a dinner break like.

Up to 3, 3.5 mile runs a week.

No takeaways

All day session last Saturday probably didn't help (fun though)

Still about 1 and 3/4 stone overweight

Pretty shite the past couple of weeks.

Working away so more food, less exercsie and more beer.

Done park runs the last 4 weeks and am thinking about signing up for a 10K 1st week in July.

Out to a party tonight so will have loads to drink

Lakes next week so plenty of walking and running (also ale and meals out)

Keswick 5k next Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back