How does Bail work and Bounty Hunters?

Do you get your bail back in full if you attend your trial?

How do bail bondsmen make money and Bounty Hunters?
If you skip bail you lose it and that’s what gets paid to the bounty hunters? The bounty hunters work for the bondsmen don’t they?

The bondsmen offer their service as a loan to clients at astronomical interest rates?

Dunno if you get it back if you attend trial

@The Lonious Monk @AB22 Easy Tiger fill us in

Love dark choc bountys and the lass who used to be on that tropical island advertising the regular ones...
Red ones are the best ones

As I understood it, bail is set high. You pay a bondsman say, 10% of the bail amount. You don’t get that back. The bondsman puts bail up. Should you take off, they go after you.

So they go after you to get their money back using bounty hunters. There must be lots of money in it.

How much is bail?:eek:

If you skip bail you lose it and that’s what gets paid to the bounty hunters? The bounty hunters work for the bondsmen don’t they?

The bondsmen offer their service as a loan to clients at astronomical interest rates?

Dunno if you get it back if you attend trial

@The Lonious Monk @AB22 Easy Tiger fill us in
@The Lonious Monk aren't you a septic? How does it work?
Hold the phone. What does me being American have to do with knowing about bail bonds?!?

BUT, I believe you do get it back minus the court fees. People use bail bonds men when you cannot afford to pay the full amount of the bail. The Bounty Hunters work for the bail bonds men to hunt down those who are trying to skip on their bail.

@SYB_DC is a lawyer, so he might be able to shed more info on this (sorry, pal, but if it's a legal question, you're the person I go to)

Back