How Do I?

Alfies Hat

Midfield
Being relatively new to this forum there's a couple of things I don't know how to do.
I don't know how to put a poster's name in red, for example. @Alfies Hat .
Also, how do I highlight part of a post and put it into my own post so I can refer just to that specific bit?

highlight part of a post and put it into my own post
On a phone just press and hold to get the text selector to appear and then select the text you want using the selector icons (or press and hold on the 1st word, wait for a sec and then drag to highlight whatever you want). There will be a reply popup that appears below so tap that and it will quote just that bit in the reply box. On a computer just highlight the text and again you'll get the reply popup ;)

Or as metioned by @Charmless Man, use the hack method though good luck 'hacking' one of my posts on a phone! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye, just @ them.

Then when you click reply you can see the post you’re replying to between quotation markers. Delete the bits you don’t want to include or highlight and bold the part you want to focus on.
Thanks 👍
On a phone just press and hold to get the text selector to appear and then select the text you want using the selector icons (or press and hold on the 1st word, wait for a sec and then drag to highlight whatever you want). There will be a reply popup that appears below so tap that and it will quote just that bit in the reply box. On a computer just highlight the text and again you'll get the reply popup ;)

Or as metioned by @Charmless Man, use the hack method though good luck 'hacking' one of my posts on a phone! :lol:
Will try, thanks.

Last edited:
Stop new thread alerts I only want narcissistic alerts please. I don't think I changed settings but now I get an alter whenever a thread is created and couldn't see an option to turn it off

No reply. I need to do that too. Surprised there is no formal help on this anywhere..
Copy the link of the image you want to post, then on this site where you type your post click the icon to the right of the smiley face the one with the 3 dots, then click the icon to the far left that came up, and paste the link in the box which says http:/
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
If it is already on the web somewhere, click on the "Insert Image" icon (the mountain and sun) and enter the web address of the image.

If you want to upload it to your gallery here see the sticky at the top of this forum:

You can then add that to any post using the button that looks like a camera.

Back