How do I change posts per page limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would also like to know how to change this if possible. It's a bit annoying having to scroll through twice as many pages of laughing smilies and posts like 'Great player!' and 'has he sined yet?'. ;)

It is fixed at the moment.

Xenforo is only at version 1.2, so it wouldn't surprise me if we see enhancements that allow this in the future.

It is fixed at the moment.

Xenforo is only at version 1.2, so it wouldn't surprise me if we see enhancements that allow this in the future.

i look forward to this being in the next update from them... its my only criticism of the upgrade...

i presume therefore you can't change the number of threads shown on the pf\smb forum front pages either....

Could well be.[DOUBLEPOST=1378631860][/DOUBLEPOST]

I take it we have discussed this issue a number of times? Care to point me in the direction please, I couldn't find owt on the issue.

It seems your post is now merged with this post in the HELP section, you're right it's gone from 20 to 15, is just ridiculous, it's really frustrating.

The default was 10 posts on the previous board, so for most people the posts per page has been increased.

I do appreciate that many of you had altered the default to a larger number in the personal preferences with the old vB system.

As things stand, there are no user configurable settings in the core Xenforo system.

There are actually 2 issues at play here. Firstly I need to create a user configurable setting and pick it up and use it for deciding how many posts to display. Secondly I will need to re-write the URLs somehow. If you look at the link at the top when you are on the 2nd or subsequent page, it includes the page number. Eg http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/forum-runner.795764/page-2 (vBulletin used to use a combination of thread and post number). This means the links would be different for any users that changed the default, so if they pasted that link somewhere else, or even referred to another post on the board, it would not display the correct place for other users/guests.

I am aware that people are not happy with how things currently stand.

The default was 10 posts on the previous board, so for most people the posts per page has been increased.

I do appreciate that many of you had altered the default to a larger number in the personal preferences with the old vB system.

As things stand, there are no user configurable settings in the core Xenforo system.

There are actually 2 issues at play here. Firstly I need to create a user configurable setting and pick it up and use it for deciding how many posts to display. Secondly I will need to re-write the URLs somehow. If you look at the link at the top when you are on the 2nd or subsequent page, it includes the page number. Eg http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/forum-runner.795764/page-2 (vBulletin used to use a combination of thread and post number). This means the links would be different for any users that changed the default, so if they pasted that link somewhere else, or even referred to another post on the board, it would not display the correct place for other users/guests.

I am aware that people are not happy with how things currently stand.

Roger, 40 posts per page was ideal mate. 15 is way way too low, there is too much scrolling and clicking when we didnt need to. I'm sure you realise that were all lazy bastaards. Plus sometimes when I click on a new thread it takes me to the 2nd page when its the 1st time ive clicked on the thread.[DOUBLEPOST=1378647546][/DOUBLEPOST]

ignore what mate?

Roger, 40 posts per page was ideal mate. 15 is way way too low, there is too much scrolling and clicking when we didnt need to. I'm sure you realise that were all lazy bastaards. Plus sometimes when I click on a new thread it takes me to the 2nd page when its the 1st time ive clicked on the thread.[DOUBLEPOST=1378647546][/DOUBLEPOST]

ignore what mate?
I'd edited, said I had 30 but then realised you were talking posts per page rather than threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back