How can we stop the rubbish on the pitch?

Disgusting isn't it. Stopping scratters dropping all their rubbish would be the first step, but how? I'm stunned anyone litters in this day and age as it is. Put it in your pocket until you're near a bin you grots.
It's hardly surprising there is litter blowing around the stadium, as everywhere you go the there is litter in streets, hedges, roadsides and don't get me started about roundabouts especially coming off/on to motorwys or at traffic lights.
Our country is a dump, so why should some ofthe litter louts not inhabit the Sol too.

It's hardly surprising there is litter blowing around the stadium, as everywhere you go the there is litter in streets, hedges, roadsides and don't get me started about roundabouts especially coming off/on to motorwys or at traffic lights.
Our country is a dump, so why should some ofthe litter louts not inhabit the Sol too.

Its the same nearly all over the world. I was travelling on roads where you could travel for miles and miles without seeing another car in Australia, yet there was litter thrown onto the hard shoulder nearly everywhere

not sure people getting their view of the game obscured by litter pickers is fair, especially if they didn’t drop the litter.
Having litter pickers loitering round the technical area whilst the game has a going on would be distracting too as well as embarrassing with the cameras watching. Plus it will be costing the club extra money for cleaning.
The bottom line is the blame lies with those fans who can’t be arsed to use the bins provided. They bought the food and discarded the litter on the stand. If everyone used the bins there’d be no discussion!

Not sure how someone picking up litter is more embarrassing than the litter , the member of staff was obviously on duty so would be getting paid anyway.
There has been suggestion that part of the letter actually comes into the ground from outside , so the education process you call for might not solve the issue totally .

This legitimately surprises me. I left the UK in 2006, and only been back once (look at me, pathetic and so on).

There's very little litter in Aus. It's just not a thing that really happens. Yes, there are spots and run down areas and filthy scratters about. But for the most part, it's very tidy. I guess I presumed it would be the same back home now. It's so noticeable on the pitch when I watch the streams. I find it genuinely embarrassing.

Not sure how someone picking up litter is more embarrassing than the litter , the member of staff was obviously on duty so would be getting paid anyway.
There has been suggestion that part of the letter actually comes into the ground from outside , so the education process you call for might not solve the issue totally .

I doubt it comes from outside because the stadium is in a pristine tidy state before the game. Get yourself into the game early if you don’t believe me.
the fault lies with the fans who can’t be bothered to use the bins, pure and simple
A few bins outside the stadium might help

there’s bins inside the stadium where the litter is dropped.....the bins are on the concourse far too difficult for some people to carry to

Last edited:
Commentator said earlier that they had spoken to the Groundsman? before the match and he'd said it happens when they open the doors at either end. Surely there must be a way of putting some gates at the ends of the tunnels you can see from the seats?
I think they might have to be open on health and safety grounds?. We’ve always had this issue, rubbish collects in the dips near the gates and when they are opened it’s like wind tunnels. Need more bins around the outside of the ground and maybe one or two staff to clear near the gates before during the game.

It's not the ball boys or stewards jobs to pick up litter tbf. The litter obviously blows in from the same place every time, must be a way of stopping it from the source.
I remember a brief spell years ago when the maintenance lads (used to stand in the north stand tunnel thing during the game) would pick litter up at HT or sometimes even during the game walking down the side of the pitch with a bin liner.

Hasnt happened for years now though.

It looks horrendous. Don’t get the mentality of people who just drop their rubbish all over the floor. Seem to be the only club that has a major issue with it.

it doesnt get there by itself...its the fans litter

if the scruffy bastards shoved their empty crisp packets into their pockets instead of chucking them on the ground there would be less shit flying about

Back