How can we stop the rubbish on the pitch?

Photo by Ian Horrocks/Sunderland AFC via Getty Images A brilliant team performance, squad rotation, and the need to clean up the stadium - here are the talking points from last night’s victory for Sunderland at home to Rochdale. Fantastic footy At times last night Sunderland were simply unplayable; Rochdale just couldn’t cope with the Lads’...

More at Roker Report...

The rubbish appears to blow in from the tunnel entrances around the pitch from under the stands. Perhaps when it was windy a bit of red plastic mesh netting like they put around road works could be lightly secured across these entrances to catch the crap. The mesh needn't be there permanently and would not create a hazard in an emergency as its not a solid barrier and could be removed quickly

I don't even think its litterers as such. Who litters these days? I think its blowing out of bins or from stalls, being driven around the stadium by the wind and then when the gates open boosh, it just goes into the middle of the pitch.

It's absolutely mortifying that it keeps happening though, not like it's just started, been years and years of it.

Ban the fat whoppers who think it’s acceptable to shovel pasties and pies down their throats for 90 minutes and just chuck their rubbish away. Would ban them for life if it was up to me. Shameful

Just the fat ones? What about the skinnier ones who do the same thing? Not judgemental at all that mate.

It would only take someone with a litter picker to stand near the dugouts and pick it up. It's all gathering there.

Actually pissing me off that someone hasn't sorted it :lol: Looks absolutely lifting.
This, if I was the manager I'd be kicking off with someone to get it sorted.

There’s some sort of vortex makes it swirl around there. People need to use the bins provided. Pretty simple
People need to use the bins provided, none of this nonsense of ball boys picking up rubbish.....they didn’t drop it! It’s the people in the stands!
People need to change this mindset that rubbish is someone else’s problem. When food is purchased....so is the packaging!
.They should fine people in my opinion
Seems to all come on at the same time, and from the same place, must a badly placed bin catching the wind. If people just dropped it at their feet we wouldn't have this problem. Never see rubbish blowing about the stands.

Get a few youngsters to come to the match and spend the pre match litter picking outside, and at half time around the lower bowl. Free match tickets for volunteers

couple this with punishment for litterers and Actually looking and stopping where it is coming from, (tunnels or bins etc) could stop it.

It reflects badly on our fans and it looks absolutely shit. No other club has this problem as bad as us. It’s also a risk to players. Imagine the fury if one of our lads went through on goal and slipped on a quavers packet.
That mental image man :lol: thanks for that

some of our supporters are absolute tramps but you'd expect a bit common sense to be exercised

multiple times all of the rubbish blew into a pile next to the bench (i was watching :lol: ) and no one did anything and just let it blow back onto the pitch

some of our supporters are absolute tramps but you'd expect a bit common sense to be exercised

multiple times all of the rubbish blew into a pile next to the bench (i was watching :lol: ) and no one did anything and just let it blow back onto the pitch

Now, I'm not sure what a Steward's remit is but there was two there, with loads if it swirling round them most of the game. Surely someone could have had a quick word and asked them to pick it up and put it in the bin when play stopped?

Back