Follow the social distancing
Those who can work from home should do
Close the borders except essential trips
Protect the vulnerable
Get rid of Matt Hancock

Medium to long term
Vaccine
Be patient
Allow the effects to take control and while covid is always going to be around itll become much more manageable
Get competent politicians and advisers in

I was thinking about this as it looks like this thing is not going away.

From what I can see:

1) Covid-19 transmits through surfaces, where (depending on the surface) it can survive from between 24-72 hours
It seems like we need an efficient way to disinfect door handles, cutlery etc, anything people regularly come into contact with. Maybe we can create new jobs for people to manage this?

2) Covid-19 transmits through droplets - coughing etc. Apart from social distancing masks should sort that, we need masks that are comfortable and efficient.

3) airborne transmission (particles) - this one I am not clear on, outdoors they say there is less risk put some experts have doubts, again a good mask should help maybe.

Am I missing anything? I think this thing can be defeated within a year if everybody puts a shift in.
Think these ultra violet machines are pretty reliable on surfaces etc, hospitals are using them and public transport companies.

From what I can see:

1) Covid-19 transmits through surfaces, where (depending on the surface) it can survive from between 24-72 hours
It seems like we need an efficient way to disinfect door handles, cutlery etc, anything people regularly come into contact with. Maybe we can create new jobs for people to manage this?

2) Covid-19 transmits through droplets - coughing etc. Apart from social distancing masks should sort that, we need masks that are comfortable and efficient.

3) airborne transmission (particles) - this one I am not clear on, outdoors they say there is less risk put some experts have doubts, again a good mask should help maybe.

Am I missing anything? I think this thing can be defeated within a year if everybody puts a shift in.
There is not a chance people will put a shift in for a year, people cannot go a few weekends without going to the pub never mind a year

Lot of talk about this back in May, don't know if it became reality:
By Serge Pueyo
The May 14, 2020 at 08:15

It is an innovation that could experience global success in these times of pandemic. The Serge Ferrari group, headquartered in Saint-Jean-de-Soudain (Isère), has announced that it has developed a composite membrane based on silver particles that destroys Covid-19 . This canvas, which can be applied on multiple objects and surfaces , could considerably limit the spread of the virus in very busy places such as transport and shopping centers.

There will NEVER be a vaccine.
It needs to run its course without these ridiculous furlough and arbitrary lockdowns.

Some countries have already started vaccinating. The Yanks are preparing to deliver vaccines by November. I expect we will be close behind them, since it’s being developed here.

Lot of talk about this back in May, don't know if it became reality:
By Serge Pueyo
The May 14, 2020 at 08:15

It is an innovation that could experience global success in these times of pandemic. The Serge Ferrari group, headquartered in Saint-Jean-de-Soudain (Isère), has announced that it has developed a composite membrane based on silver particles that destroys Covid-19 . This canvas, which can be applied on multiple objects and surfaces , could considerably limit the spread of the virus in very busy places such as transport and shopping centers.

Something like that would surely be a game changer.

Everybody washes their hands then they go and open a door using a door handle and they are fecked.

This is what we need, more thinking outside the box

true but they should

if some wont even put on a mask or keep distance what are the chances the will be getting out the hand sanitizer after opening every door?

If there was a substance that the virus could not attach itself to that would well be worth investigating I think

Not much talk of it because I suppose the govt's cant be arsed

true but they should
This. Touching a contaminated surface is not dangerous as long as you wash/sanitise before eating etc. Everyone needs to be hands aware and get out of the habit of touching their face etc. especially those scruffs who chew the ends of their pens.

Sadly I think we are just going to lunge from lockdown to 'please go out and spend money' until either a vaccine is found or it burns itself out.

How would people feel about closing all international travel but domestically returning to normal? Probably not an option for us anymore as we have too large of an infection but some countries must be considering it. New Zealand and Australia for instance, no people in or out, just freight, have a quick lockdown to clear the virus and then it is back to normal, pubs, sporting events, work places etc. Supporting the tourism industry until its gone must be cheaper than what we are doing?

From what I can see:

A lot of what you say was what was first feared possible, rather than what was thought given that it was a new virus and no one including experts actually knew how contagious it was. A lot more is known and it is not really passed through touching surfaces and the like. It is passed like the flu is passed. People in enclosed spaces, indoors, for a prolonged period of time, sharing the same air.

In terms of how it is defeated. Social distancing is easily the best way. It is what got this virus under control last time 'round. And, a fully functioning test and trace system so that you can prevent a few infections turning in to outbreaks.

And, it is absolutely vital that people don't rush for a test or a test for their bairns because they have a cough or some such. That is taking up valuable tests for the people who really may be infected and the health system needs to know in order to trace their contacts. Children always cough. Covid is not a normal cough, it is a continuous cough , not a cough when eating or getting a bit of dust in their airwaves as children do. In fact, all studies suggest bairns do not have the same symptoms as adults, usually with bairns it's a fever not a cough.

It is vital that people don't take up valuable tests. If you have a bairn then look on the government's website at symptoms for bairns before rushing for a test. And, get a flu jab - if you've had a flu jab and you come down with something Covid/flu like then it probably is Covid. Without a flu jab you may assume flu is Covid and take up a valuable test. If people who do actually have it can't get tested then the health system can't trace their contacts and Covid spreads.

From what I can see:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot of what you say was what was first feared possible, rather than what was thought given that it was a new virus and no one including experts actually knew how contagious it was. A lot more is known and it is not really passed through touching surfaces and the like. It is passed like the flu is passed. People in enclosed spaces, indoors, for a prolonged period of time, sharing the same air.

In terms of how it is defeated. Social distancing is easily the best way. It is what got this virus under control last time 'round. And, a fully functioning test and trace system so that you can prevent a few infections turning in to outbreaks.

And, it is absolutely vital that people don't rush for a test or a test for their bairns because they have a cough or some such. That is taking up valuable tests for the people who really may be infected and the health system needs to know in order to trace their contacts. Children always cough. Covid is not a normal cough, it is a continuous cough , not a cough when eating or getting a bit of dust in their airwaves as children do. In fact, all studies suggest bairns do not have the same symptoms as adults, usually with bairns it's a fever not a cough.

It is vital that people don't take up valuable tests. If you have a bairn then look on the government's website at symptoms for bairns before rushing for a test. And, get a flu jab - if you've had a flu jab and you come down with something Covid/flu like then it probably is Covid. Without a flu jab you may assume flu is Covid and take up a valuable test. If people who do actually have it can't get tested then the health system can't trace their contacts and Covid spreads.
You are expecting people to think logically here.

Therefore - no chance.

Back