How Can Anyone Be An Atheist?

I think Buddha defined the question of the origin of the universe as unanswerable and therefore not worth thinking about.

Although I'm not actually a Buddhist but find their perspective interesting.

Last edited:
The video in the OP was good from the hosts, but that one was like the talk sport version, just mocking, inciting and interrupting.

I agree. What actually love is cannot be simply described as empathy although empathy is one facet or manifestation of love.

There is romantic love but we also love our children and that is not romantic.

Empathy, romantic love, and love of our children require another person to be the object of love but we can experience love simply on its own as an individual.

There are several manifestations of love but love is simply love and needs no object of love.

Last edited:
So what caused the big bang?

It was actually 2,500 years ago not 1600.

How do you know it was "caused" ?

If you are asking me for the explanation for the big bang, I don't know. As far as I am aware, nobody does. But that doesn't stop people looking for the answer.

Good point re the date. So we have moved on a bit in 2500 years. Some of us , anyway.

How do you know it was "caused" ?

If you are asking me for the explanation for the big bang, I don't know. As far as I am aware, nobody does. But that doesn't stop people looking for the answer.

Good point re the date. So we have moved on a bit in 2500 years. Some of us , anyway.

We certainly have moved on since the time of Buddha.

We have enough nuclear missiles to wipe out life on earth. Biological weapons that could unleash a global pandemic. Nerve agents that can cause incredible suffering. Wealth and power in the hands of few while many in the world are oppressed and live in abject poverty despite all the fine words about equality and freedom. Our definition of peace is not to commit genocide while facing off across borders with great military might. A religious conflict that could yet last a century. A global economy that totters on the brink of collapse and for fine measure we've screwed up the environment so that it threatens our human systems and our own survival while we enter another period of mass extinction for many species.

And not a whiff of greed, hate and delusion in sight.

But we can think about the big bang.

Even the Buddha realised that from a singularity came duality.

Last edited:
im sorry but this day in age anyone who still beleives in a God or any other of the names that were invented for this higher being is a fucktard.

same as anyone who believes in white jesus, adam and eve or that some scruffy twat called noah managed to fill a ship full or every breed of f***ing mammal/animal on a bastard boat

GET THE FUCK OUT

The first page of said holy book is missing mate

It says to my darling candy all characters and events are purely fictitious

Gotta admit there are some canny stories/ fairytales love Samson losing his strength coz he got a hit haircut

Way too deep for me...what 300 billion stars in the milky and millions of milky ways....

Somethings we are meant to understand and somethings we cant.
Theres only one Milky Way, unless you’re referring to the confectionery bar, then you are absolutely correct. :)

We certainly have moved on since the time of Buddha.

We have enough nuclear missiles to wipe out life on earth. Biological weapons that could unleash a global pandemic. Nerve agents that can cause incredible suffering. Wealth and power in the hands of few while many in the world are oppressed and live in abject poverty despite all the fine words about equality and freedom. Our definition of peace is not to commit genocide while facing off across borders with great military might. A religious conflict that could yet last a century. A global economy that totters on the brink of collapse and for fine measure we've screwed up the environment so that it threatens our human systems and our own survival while we enter another period of mass extinction for many species.

And not a whiff of greed, hate and delusion in sight.

But we can think about the big bang.

Even the Buddha realised that from a singularity came duality.

I was with you until the last three lines.

Can you expand?

Back