How bad are things at the moment ...

Couldn’t agree more . Premier league is the most overrated league in the world . I got bored after 2 seasons of Sunday kick offs , Monday games , hugely inflated ticket prices , players on crazy money who couldn’t give a shit about the club . And what for ? To cheer on a top 10 finish or just about surviving another season . In the 40 years I have supported my team , overall the best years have been in the championship .
Some FL tkts cost more than PL away wise.

Horrific standard of football, I enjoyed the first half a dozen games then the novelty wore off. I can't wait until my club is back in the top league.

The vast majority of the league would swap places with our position, and probably their players for ours. I think everyone has to go back to the start of the season and see what their expectations were. I think i said i wanted top 2 but would take a playoff spot. Anything less than play offs would be failure, so despite the last couple of games, i'm not not gonna moan and whinge, especially at this stage of the season. If we don't go up after the campaign has finished, people can shout and scream all they want, and vent their anger or whatever. I just don't get the total negative vibes on here. It seems if we get into the playoffs we're doomed no matter what for some on here (Quite a lot) I think the Checkatrade final defeat has convinced people that we will never win at Wembley, so what's the point. Don't let some shite cup final penalty shoot out dampen your spirits man . KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!

... depends which way you look at it I suppose.

Am I wrong or could we be 2nd in the table on Friday, 4 points off top on the same games played ...

... and haven't the top 3 teams only won one game from the last six between them, all losing one.

I'm sure Luton and Barnsley lost by more than 1 goal while we didn't.

The Coventry game was a mess but just as one win doesn't mean we'll go up one defeat doesn't mean we can't.

Feels like we've been saying similar for most of the season.

Win a game in hand we go top.
Win a game in hand we go 2nd.
Win a game in hand we will be 1 point off second.

Etc etc.

Hasn't worked out that way but after Barnsley dropped a bollock we have another chance now after dropping another bollock ourselves.

Not sure how it will go now. We've not beaten Fleetwood, Peterborough or Portsmouth this season but hopefully the Coventry game gives them a kick up the arse.

Drop 4 points out of the remaining games and I think its playoffs for us.

Time to step up. HTL

If we win our remaining games,we go up, and we have the ability in the side to do it.

this!

Feels like we've been saying similar for most of the season.

Win a game in hand we go top.
Win a game in hand we go 2nd.
Win a game in hand we will be 1 point off second.

Etc etc.

Hasn't worked out that way but after Barnsley dropped a bollock we have another chance now after dropping another bollock ourselves.

Not sure how it will go now. We've not beaten Fleetwood, Peterborough or Portsmouth this season but hopefully the Coventry game gives them a kick up the arse.

Drop 4 points out of the remaining games and I think its playoffs for us.

Time to step up. HTL

Couldn't agree more

Last edited:
If we don't go up we will absolutely smash this league next year. It'll be like when we lost the play off final against Charlton imo.
Like your positivity marra but then we had Premier League players in The Championship now we've got League 1 players in..................................League 1, as it stands.

Like your positivity marra but then we had Premier League players in The Championship now we've got League 1 players in..................................League 1, as it stands.
It's just a gut feeling tbh. The majority of the squad will have been together for a full season. If we recruit right, then no reason why we can't do it. Fix the defence, find someone who compliments Grigg and also get Grigg 100% fit. Ideally add some much needed pace too. Not a lot to ask ;).

It's just a gut feeling tbh. The majority of the squad will have been together for a full season. If we recruit right, then no reason why we can't do it. Fix the defence, find someone who compliments Grigg and also get Grigg 100% fit. Ideally add some much needed pace too. Not a lot to ask ;).
That made me giggle marra.

I’m sort of looking even further ahead, if we don’t get promoted then an extra year down here isn’t the end of the world. Maybe we could even use another year to sort our team and financial foundation out similar to when we lost the playoffs then steamrollered it next year.

Not ideal but I think we’re going to miss out so is what it is.

Tbh I think we need another season down here. Not sure we are good enough and I think the manager needs some time to learn aswell.

Whilst I’ve found it painful watching us be unconvincing Against some of league 1’s footballing greats, watching teams like millwall and Wigan absolute batter us will be worse!

Let’s have another season and go up when we are ready.

Ps why we aren’t ready now and is that ok is up for debate....

Good I'd say; we're certs for the playoff's, 2nd place is up for grabs & even 1st is still a possibility.
3 promotion spots being fought over by 4 or 5 teams in reality... since P'boro fell away the top four teams have remained the same.
We're going up.

I get why people are frustrated, I am myself.

But it's true that Portsmouth fucked up, Barnsley fucked up and from much better positions than us.

It's a fight for second now and we can win it.

Out of the last 6 games Sunderland, Barnsley and Luton have only managed one win .... the pressure is really on.

But it's true that Portsmouth fucked up, Barnsley fucked up and from much better positions than us.

Out of the last 6 games Sunderland, Barnsley and Luton have only managed one win .... the pressure is really on.
So Charlton to go up marra? :lol:;)

Get through the Doncaster and Peterboro games with 6 points and we will go into the Pompey game knowing we have a great opportunity. Personally, I feel all teams will spill points, but that includes us. Difficult to say, but our run in looks very tricky, whilst Pompey's is possibly worse. They are in form though. These tricky games compared to Barnsley's will more than likely see them sneak over the line in 2nd. Charlton would need Barnsley to mess up a couple of times to nick 2nd, as long as us and Pompey are dropping points. ..... so in nutshell, NO IDEA

It is. Well summed up.

Some of my best moments supporting Sunderland have come from promotion campaigns. However, if we’d won the League Cup a couple of years back that’d have comfortably topped it. And that isn’t the prestigious domestic cup competition. I doubt there is a single Sunderland supporter alive who was at Wembley in 73 who would rank anything anywhere near that moment. It probably ranks above the birth of their children and their wedding days.
Can only give you my experience, the fans buying the club certainly helped with it feeling close to us again, felt more personal winning League 2 than the FA Cup.

Back