How bad are things at the moment ...

:lol: I thought yay'd have summit to say about that one.

I'm not going back over it though, but that was my opinion of the game - as well as everyone else I've spoken to who watched it.

Yes what a surprise .... it's my thread and you've already replied to me.

I don't want you to go back over it, it's just your opinion.

Other fans may not agree, but supporting Pompey in League 2 and 1, regularly winning and challenging for promotion, has given me some of the best memories of watching football. You get new heroes, new enemies and players for who playing against teams like Stanley and Wycombe is a career high, not a career low.

This, classic British sarcasm :lol:

... depends which way you look at it I suppose.

Am I wrong or could we be 2nd in the table on Friday, 4 points off top on the same games played ...

... and haven't the top 3 teams only won one game from the last six between them, all losing one.

I'm sure Luton and Barnsley lost by more than 1 goal while we didn't.

The Coventry game was a mess but just as one win doesn't mean we'll go up one defeat doesn't mean we can't.
We're relegated man, give up being optimistic :rolleyes: we'll win league

Other fans may not agree, but supporting Pompey in League 2 and 1, regularly winning and challenging for promotion, has given me some of the best memories of watching football. You get new heroes, new enemies and players for who playing against teams like Stanley and Wycombe is a career high, not a career low.
Aye, winning the Cup and watching the likes of Sol Campbell, Sully Muntari, Nwankwo Kanu, Lassana Diarra, Jermain Defoe etc etc must absolutely pale in comparison...

Going to Stamford Bridge is soul destroying.

Can't get a pint within 30 bloody miles, searched every 5 yards by stewards overplaying their part, having shit music blasted at you whenever the teams aren't actually playing ....

.... and if I wanted to be surrounded by Japanese tourists I'd go to Madame Tussaud's :lol:

This, classic British sarcasm :lol:
Nah, we've got players now who are fans of the club and want to play for us, as opposed to seeing us as pay check. Ben Close watched us at Wembley as a fan, then got to play for us their in the Checkatrade. That's great to see and helps you be invested in the players.
Aye, winning the Cup and watching the likes of Sol Campbell, Sully Muntari, Nwankwo Kanu, Lassana Diarra, Jermain Defoe etc etc must absolutely pale in comparison...
It was great, but I got to run on the pitch and celebrate getting promoted with the players at Meadow Lane, which was just as special.

I've enjoyed the season, though it has had its frustrations.
If we go up great. If not, another season at this level won't spoil my life.

I guess people ultimately want us back in the PL. To do what though I wonder? Newcastle fans may be convincing themselves that life is great but it looks one enormous borefest to me.
With the introduction of VAR and the game at the top level moving further and further away from the fans I'm not that bothered about ever darkening the door of the PL ever again. Obviously I understand the club, especially, and the majority of fans want PL football

Nah, we've got players now who are fans of the club and want to play for us, as opposed to seeing us as pay check. Ben Close watched us at Wembley as a fan, then got to play for us their in the Checkatrade. That's great to see and helps you be invested in the players.

It was great, but I got to run on the pitch and celebrate getting promoted with the players at Meadow Lane, which was just as special.

No one wants to play for (or against) Stanley iirc :lol:

No - but you're a fuckin' idiot if you want us to be skulking around in the lower leagues because you were 'bored' of the Premier League.

Debatable whether that makes you an idiot, it may be that you are just turned off by modern day top level football.
As it happens, I didn't say that anyway.

I don't believe for one second that the feeling of winning the FA Cup at Wembley was equalled by sealing promotion to the third tier at Meadow Lane. I think you are kidding yourself

Debatable whether that makes you an idiot, it may be that you are just turned off by modern day top level football.
As it happens, I didn't say that anyway.

Sometimes something changes that bursts the bubble and you can't re-inflate it.

I wouldn't dream of going to see a favourite band in a huge stadium for example, if I can't get to see them in a small venue I don't bother.

Stop going on about the division. We are a league 1 team just as all the other teams are. We have a league 1 squad. Barring 1 or 2 this is their level. We DID bounce back from Wembley very well. Why is it only the negatives that are allowed to be used? Christ even beating Rochdale is used to have a pop purely because we got the winner late on. If it had been 2-1 after 70 mins it wouldn't have got mentioned
Did we fuck.

Back