House prices to fall 10%

Nobody ever really gains in my opinion for the average man, people who want to sell can't sell, as there is less people to sell to, people who want to buy can't buy as they can't get the mortgage

Can someone who is better with this type of stuff explain whether this is bad news for buyers or sellers? I can never work it out stuck in the mindset of surely the two balance each other out.
All depends on the individual circumstances really. I’ll be looking to move after all this and get a bigger house. If I loose 10% on current one it will only be about 5-10k new house might be 20k cheaper so 10k better off.

28 next month.

I'll be totally honest, the money is 75% my fiancee's :lol: just saved heavily since she left school. Only frustrating part is wanting to move out, get married and have kids etc sooner rather than later. Will have to make the jump at some point.

That is going to end terribly. Are you living together at the moment?

28 next month.

I'll be totally honest, the money is 75% my fiancee's :lol: just saved heavily since she left school. Only frustrating part is wanting to move out, get married and have kids etc sooner rather than later. Will have to make the jump at some point.
Well you’re doing alright then.

Nothing will end badly, obviously everything is written up by your solicitor with regards to deposits etc.

Hold out for that place. You’ll get it.

Nah we earn around 58k a year between us atm so nothing spectacular. With interest rates being 1.9% in places... we were looking at a 190k ish house and the mortgage was like 440 a month.
Edit - without the deposit we'd be struggling :lol:

Would this be your 'forever' home or would you be looking to upgrade further down the line? With that joint salary & £100k deposit, realistically you could go for a house in the £250-£300k range. And if you hold out for another 6 months, might be some canny bargains to be had.

Or go for the cheaper house which will have less upkeep & afford more holidays

Would this be your 'forever' home or would you be looking to upgrade further down the line? With that joint salary & £100k deposit, realistically you could go for a house in the £250-£300k range. And if you hold out for another 6 months, might be some canny bargains to be had.

Or go for the cheaper house which will have less upkeep & afford more holidays
Nah probably not forever home. Our lass would rather live alot more comfortable and go around the 190k range. However she said if we stayed at home another year, then a forever home at 230k would be a realistic possibility without stretching TOO MUCH.

Nah probably not forever home. Our lass would rather live alot more comfortable and go around the 190k range. However she said if we stayed at home another year, then a forever home at 230k would be a realistic possibility without stretching TOO MUCH.

If you can get the forever home at first go, I'd go for it as it does save all the stress & hassle of selling & moving again.

And you would only might need to make a few cut backs from a more comfortable lifestyle for a few years early on & you're still young. You're in a far better position than most at that age.

Just been looking around and it seems the consensus view from ‘experts’ EY, Deloitte, Savills etc... is somewhere between a 5 and 15% fall.

I know a lot on here are in to property. If this happens would you be looking to do anything?

We have a 3 month old and 3 year old and am planning that we will need to upsize when the eldest reaches school. So it might benefit us. Anyone else be looking to move if it dips?
How will that benefit you ,your house and the one you fancy have both been hit together

Back